exhaust size and boost gauge install?TD25TI

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morpheusbd

Reaction score
Hi. i am a new Navara owner. and i was wondering about a coupple of things.

1: how big is the exhaust pipe on a TD25TI?

2: where do i connect the hose for a boost gauge on TD25TI?

Hi and welcome. If its the same as a td27 I think standard exhaust is 2 inch, and you can tap the boost line in different spots depending on who you ask. I would connect it into the intake manifold so if you put an intercooler on or if you already have 1 on your getting a boost reading after, which allows for any preasure drop from the intercooler or place it in the charge air pipe just before it goes into the intake manifold. Hope that helps

thanks i figured out the exhaust.

i have an original intercooler. but can`t seem to find a spot to Tee in. do i have to make a hole and tap in that way?

Depends what injection pump you have. If its just a straight mechanical pump yeh drill and tap but if you have a boost compensator on the pump there should be an air line you can put a T piece into and run the boost gauge off that.

Not to sound stupid or anything. But how do i know the difference?

Sent fra min SAMSUNG-SM-N900A via Tapatalk

66c336575fcf02904daeb42fdb7cddd0.jpg
bee29d1178ef20732c2e79f1631543fd.jpg
630a4fd8cdef5760afc3a87945f157a0.jpg

It is also coming oil out of the intercooling pipe on pic no 3. Is it normal with so much oil in the cooler?

not ideal as it will read higher than whats at the intake manifold- tee into the short boost line for the waste gate acuator or you should be able tee into a boost line that goes to the injection pump if i'v got the right picture in my mind. The oil your seeing is from the engine crank case vent pipe from the rocker cover to the air inlet pipe put an oil catch can inline with this pipe and it should stop most of it. Search oil catch can install and it should make sense

Okey. Thanks. But it is only one hose going from the wastegate and that is going in to the turbo. Is it that you talking about?

they didnt get the TD25Ti in australia Morphe so dont expect much help....
i see these engines a lot all i can say is that they are bombproof. there is a little filter in the top of your fuel pump that needs cleaning from time to time, its under the banjo bolt, and then you just have to fish it out with a wire or something.

Okey. I will do that then:) thanks for the help. I know it's not engine stuff but how much job is it to take the cab of the frame/chassis? Want to get rid of the surface rust on the frame.

Back