Engine rattle

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batesy

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’ve got a 2015 D23 RX and I’ve noticed when I hit around 2500rpm I can hear a bit of a rattle. I’m thinking it’s injectors but not 100%. Anyone else has this before???

Could be an exhaust leak too, at 2500rpm it's breathing fairly well (assuming no boost at all, just working on engine capacity of 2.3L):

Every 2 rpm will see the whole 2.3L of capacity vented, so 1250 x 2.3 = 2875 litres of air per minute plus expansion due to heat and combustion gasses and you're passing 3,000 litres of gas per minute through the turbine of the turbocharger.

And that's the likely spot to find the leak - where the turbo joins to the exhaust manifold.

Also check the EGR tube, particularly around any joins but especially if there's any concertina-like flexible area.

Look for black sooty streaks. Any sign of that = leak.

Could be an exhaust leak too, at 2500rpm it's breathing fairly well (assuming no boost at all, just working on engine capacity of 2.3L):

Every 2 rpm will see the whole 2.3L of capacity vented, so 1250 x 2.3 = 2875 litres of air per minute plus expansion due to heat and combustion gasses and you're passing 3,000 litres of gas per minute through the turbine of the turbocharger.

And that's the likely spot to find the leak - where the turbo joins to the exhaust manifold.

Also check the EGR tube, particularly around any joins but especially if there's any concertina-like flexible area.

Look for black sooty streaks. Any sign of that = leak.
Thanks heaps mate I’ll have a good look before I start throwing coin at the injectors

Back