Engel, ARB, EvaKool....what to buy?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trail Blaza are definately worth a thought. You will not find a tougher more reliable fridge in my opinion. I don't know how to attach the link but type in trail blaza or norcoast into google and it will come up.

i run a 40l engel on the front of my camper trailer. its been through a lot of terrain and crappy weather and its still going strong after 6 years.. love it.

Evakool for me. Had my 60L fridge freezer for 2.5 years and has been faultless. Once a month I turn it on to keep the compressor running so it didn't sieze up. They are fairly economical with power once its reached its temperature. They also run better when filled to the top with anything. I had a full fridge freezer constant on thecape trip and was only using about 1amp per ghour or less.

Rusty

Im looking at a Evacool 60 Lt. the newer models are steel construction, have magnetic fridge seals, no gap, bung hole, digital temp control and are replace only warranty at BCF. There is also the fact that i can get my brother in laws discount on it too. staff price $550 from retail of $1200+!

I also used to own a Engel 80lt. it was great. huge but great. unfortunately i killed it when i rolled a car.

Im looking at a Evacool 60 Lt. the newer models are steel construction, have magnetic fridge seals, no gap, bung hole, digital temp control and are replace only warranty at BCF. There is also the fact that i can get my brother in laws discount on it too. staff price $550 from retail of $1200+!

I also used to own a Engel 80lt. it was great. huge but great. unfortunately i killed it when i rolled a car.

The metal fridges are a special product purely for bcf but don't contain the quality danfross compressor. They use a Chinese branded compressor which consumes a lot of power. I would be sticking to the yellow or white units that a filled with refrigerant foam etc.

Just my opinion on them as I did a bit of study into one for my work Ute. U will probably get a small Engel or ironman fridge for the Ute

Rusty

I'm a fan of engel.

Have them on the back of the fire vehicles and they dont die, getting covered in dirt, ash, water, foam ad way too close to the flames doesn't kill them

Engle, particularly if it's going to live in the back of a ute, tough and reliable. Having said that as pointed out by scarecrow there insulation is not as good as some other brands like ARB, Evakool... If you do go the Engle get the optional insulation jacket into the bargain.

I went a engel mainly because when we go camping it runs off 12v and that's where a engel out stands the rest the motor it's amazing in then it can run all day and use very little battery which is a big thing when camping I take a 40lt, 60lt and my uncle had a 60lt and they all run off a standed battery in my navara during the day I run a 240volt sola panel straight into the battery to keep it charged and over night leave one plug in so the battery ain't over charging during the day n the other 2 run off a genny and I'm not saying there better then the rest because I ain't Tryed the rest but I highly recommend the engel and would not buy anything because I have had such a good run out of them ain't had a bit of trouble and they have been over the roughest road the dustiest and can get wet to a extent hope u did one u like

I spent 6 months researching & asking others "which fridge?". We got it down to the Engel 65lt & the Waeco CFX 65lt, swaying in favour of the Waeco...then....we met the Ironman 65lt Ice Cube with twin lids & separate compartments for $995. Has a danfoss compressor & a 5yr warranty. We bought it back in January & have used it heaps without issue & it never ceases to impress us. It cools down really quickly & freezes equally well. We've mounted it on a set of (Ironman) drawers in the tub in a dropdown fridge slide. My only issue is the fridge slide should've been a MSA 60 not the recommended 50 as the insulated jacket gets rubbed every time we lift it in & out, but it's just a minor annoyance in an otherwise brilliant set up/fridge

Attachments

• 20130323_133334.jpg
    20130323_133334.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 62

Latest posts

Back