egt delay shut down

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fudly

Reaction score
http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x425/vivaz1674/licence2024.jpg

as the title says looking at delayed shut down via a egt gauge with built in high temp alarm. ive sketched out a crude wiring diagram for the forums input.
im thinking 10amp fuses for the relay switching and gauge power
60 amp relay for the main power just not sure if I have to run a fuse with it as im under the impression the factory car setup should fuse this circuit for me.
im making a plug and ply system for behind the ignition barrel so I wont have to cut wires just really need to work out the minimum size wire to use

just after the turbo about 3 inchs down. didn't plan on making a kit mind you it was pretty easy job to do, apart from the gauge and probe got everythin else from jaycar
guage and probe cost me $165 from ebay
the rest about $60 from jaycar
ended up going with 25amp wire for the main harness and 15 amp wire for the rest both of which are a wee bit over kill but I didn't want to make a weak spot in the middle of the cars factory wiring. I can make up a list of products I used if you want

im thinking I might add another gauge that reads oil temp aswell shouldnt be to hard to rig them so both are capable of activating the relay, thinking a diode on each of the sensors going to the switch wire should work

Last edited:
There are several items missing from the ECU, and it's a bleeding shame that we can't inject the data into a CAN line to be picked up by the ECU. A parts list would be really handy for the readers who are looking for an interesting and very useful project like this that will be a great tool to protect the turbocharger.

Back