Ebay kit??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justo

Reaction score
Hi there,

please don't shoot me down in flames if these are or no good as I have no idea on suspension.

just wondering from the people who would know as I don't.

At this stage all i'm after is a bit more ground clearance and that is it as I don't tow anything and I only have a nudge bar and don't intend on getting a bull bar any time soon.

Is there any problem in fitting these kits given that all I want at this stage is height!

here is a link:
Nissan Navara D40 2" Lift Kit, Hilux and Triton avail 2 | eBay

thanks for any help Justin.

its a very cheap way out, i personally wouldnt use extended shackles with factory rear leafs, but thats just my opinion,

I like how they say:

2 inches is the maximum you can lift your vehicle without affecting your insurance premiums and roadworthiness.

What they don't say is that the extended shackles DO affect your roadworthiness (and by that, also affects your entire insurance policy).

The kit will probably do what you're after, except the front may have problems with the upper control arms (UCAs) - there are a couple of threads on this forum addressing this exact issue. I'm not sure I'd feel safe with extended shackles, but you see plenty of people do it.

thanks guys, that's what I needed to know, ill just save up and get it done properly. I thought it sounded to good to be true other wise everyone would do it i guess.

cheers

I never thought of stuffing a block underneath the leaf pack. Certainly gets around the shackle issue. I wonder what the issue with that is - like is there a rule about the leaf being in contact with the axle? It shouldn't exert too much additional stress on the bearings (there'll be a small amount of increased leverage from the load being slightly further away) and as long as the shocks can take it at full extension, I can't see what the problem would be.

Leaf blocks like that can put intense stress on the leaves. Apart from them being illegal(I'm pretty sure).

Essentially as I understand it they'll increase the effect of axle tramp. Which isn't a good thing when you're doing some hardcore wheeling. For those with a heavy right boot, imagine this your wheeling and lift a wheel off the ground, as you jog the throttle to try and get some traction, you jump forward and this high and free spinning wheel makes contact and grips.

Imagine what the forces are doing here, while this isn't really an ideal situation without leaf blocks. The problem is extremely compounded with the addition of leaf blocks.

Take for example this perfect world application. From the centre of your axle to the surface of the leaf pack is what, 50mm? Throw a 50mm block onto of that and you're axle centre is now double the distance (100mm) away.

Now comes some math.
Torque = radius * force

Force will be equal is either situation( this is what the spinning wheel will apply to the system)

Now the torque applied to the leaf pack will be dependent on the radius. If you double the radius, you'll double the torque applied when that spinning wheel hits the dirt.)
If you increase the distance between the axle centre and the leaf pack, you're going to proportionally increase the amount of torque that the wheels will apply to the pack.

My math may be wrong and my theory way off, but it's something I've looked into and deemed it too unreliable and the consequences if it goes wrong, disastrous.

Just my two cents.

Of course the other side of that is the sooner you install this and break your vehicle, the sooner you can buy a real 4WD (D22)

Latest posts

Back