Dugs 2012 ST Nav No.2

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tootool

Reaction score
Hi all
been on here for a while, and with the arrival of Nav No.2 i thought it would be time to start one of these.

Bit of info on Nav No.1 (affectionly known to everyone as Nev) which i have given to my brother.
2006 white STR Dual Cab, had it since new came with steel nissan bar factroy IPF's tub liner and cover and towbar.
Stayed pretty much this way up until the 100,000Km mark then started to change it but came to the realisation that the money it would take to make me happy with its perfomance (tow a ski boat nearly every weekend of summer) and changing suspension and various other mods to what i thought would be perfect i decided to move onto a new base to work with. So the final set up as it was when i handed it to my brother was:
Nissan steel bullbar
Lightforce 240's with twin blue spread covers
GME White UHF Ariel & Black Mobile Ariel
Cross Country intercooler
EGR Mod and blocking plate
Provent Catch can
Nissan Snorkel
GME TX4400
Nokia Phone kit with blue tooth hands free
Rear Speakers & New Head unit
Seat Covers
2 inch EFS lift with HD Torsion Bars
16x8 +20 Sunnies
265/75/16 BFG KM2's
Kingrome Space Case
166,000km on the clock

So with a deal struck with my brother of that he pays me for the major mods to the old Nav, i purchased Nav No.2 a
2012 ST D40
Arctic White
Mods so far:
Monster Rides ReKon front coilovers and rear shocks
Buds Customs Shackles
ARB Deluxe Bar with Fog Light
Narva HID Extreme's
Warn Magnum 9000 pound winch
Safari Snorkel
GMETX3540 & GME Ariel
Headlight and Bonnet Protectors
Nissan Towbar (RX one sits higher)
265/70/17 Kelly TSR's

So far very happy with it, but compared to the D22 it's like driving a truck (nissan needs to look at the turning circle ), but a comfortable one haha loving it.

Future Mods, short list but will grow
EGR Mod, Extra Fuel Filter with water trap & Provent Catch can to be ordered and fitted at 10,000km service
Steel Tray, something i always wanted on the old one.
New rear leaves
Bash Plates
Sliders - mate is currently finishing off a set for his D40 see if i like them
Carkit with external Ariel

Cheers Guys

Dug

Last edited:
Pics
4678t_1.jpg

4674t_1.jpg

4679t_1.jpg

Bigger pics in Garage Section

Old Rig
4680t_1.jpg

nice rig mate and welcome to the forum, just a word of advice tho, consider getting some of the sax springs monster rides sells as even with no weight in the back, and hardly carrying any weight by rear spring sagged badly, it will be worse because of your extended shackles.

anyway hope you find the forum useful

yer i am waiting until i have my tray built and sorted before i buy rear springs so i know what weight i will be carrying, just don't know if i can justify SAX springs though

Update:

Tray is probably off the cards, winch is in.

EFS 150Kg constant loads and Fulcrum/SPC UCA ordered should be here today. Need to work out brake lines as well.
what length and type are people using? and at what height are people extending their ABS?

Looking at 17x8 +/- 0 and flares.

Pics when lift is in

Update

Installed rear EFS leaves, removed extended shackles as with current shocks and ABS & Brake Lines its limiting rear flex and movement.

SPC upper control arms installed, attacking coil bucket on a vehicle thats less then 12 months old was interesting haha, removed sway bar up front. now ute actually has a fairly 50/50 share of movement over ruts, handling has suffered a bit but nothing major.

Now looking at offset lower contol arm bushes to give more adjustability in wheel alignment.

haha strange concept but the D22 was able to fit anywhere in the D40 you think twice about where you park

Update

Spc arms and offset bushes are in, had them aligned and still chasing my tail. the side i though was worse alignmnet wise came out spot on and the other side is still 1 degree positive and that with the MR coilovers only would up 15mm.

i reckon my chassis is out of alignmnet

hope your taking care of nev for me dug make sure the old man hasnt ditched his and useing mine hahahaha udates on that funny looking excuse of a tray hahahahaha

Latest posts

Back