Dot inspections

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abouttogobush

Reaction score
A mild warning probably more so to Brisbane drivers. A pom inspector pulled me over for smoke and noise. My rig is highly tuned and the smoke is less than standard. I failed on manual boost controller, chip, Beau exhaust, window tint and my Anderson plug had no isolator switch.After he attempted to raid my glovebox I removed him and he called the police. No police arrived I went home and upon contacting the police and dot nothing reported. A guy with a bad day, and I know the law about aftermarket products. Just be aware if you have the same it's 100% legal.
Cheers

Lol did you report him for falsifying laws and trying to pin them on you. You can't get done for exhaust change, chip, boost controller. Window tint yes if to dark. I would have reported him to QPS headquarters because it's totally wrong.

:confused2:I believe it's the same Pommy guy Who got our EX Member BIG GUS.

He described him as a Pommy prick with attitude!

Hope no charges get laid against you.

And thanks for the heads up!!!
I'm sure all us Brisbane boys will appreciate it.
Always good to know good information :dontknow:

Last edited:
A Rego inspector has to ask permission to touch your vehicle anywhere outside an Inspection Station. You can just deny him any access and he cant do squat.Even the cops cant just randomly search your vehicle without your permission or a court signed document.

Downside to standing up to them is they can force an inspection.
But as the owner of a vehicle nobody else has the right to touch the vehicle without your permission

He had a camera with the lens attached to his pocket. I removed him when my personal space was violated.I aint going to stand for this shit, if the same bloke that annoyed another one here f him. Apparently any external power needs a manual isolator on the outside lol,

He had a camera with the lens attached to his pocket. I removed him when my personal space was violated.I aint going to stand for this shit, if the same bloke that annoyed another one here f him. Apparently any external power needs a manual isolator on the outside lol,

Does an ignition-activated relay count as an isolator (which it effectively is)?

If not, what about people with 12 pin trailer plugs? Tap in, I think pin 9 is the aux power feed.

That's a good point Tony I did some research last night and that was fruitless, I am pursuing it today after work. My understanding is it needs to have an isolator that is accessible in the event of an accident such as the mining vehicles have the two circuit breakers I have wont pass as they are under the bonnet and behind the rear seat.

It needs to be on the bulbar or towbar according to this joker, I will see what I find today and update the post. It still doesn't explain the other supposable add on items being illegal. I put it down to a control freak having a bad day as David suggested. As it stands I have no ticket just a verbal warning with no proof of any wrong doing. I far from being a 17yr old hoon ffs.

Interesting guys . My daughters fiance got defected , he drove a lowlux , Realy a lowered piece of crap . He was defected by some rude prick for all of these weird things . The young fella changed them all back to standard , When he was having the inspection the guy doing it asked why he had a second set of headlights in the back . The young fella said he had changed them back because the DOT officer told him they were dodgey. The guy doing the inspections said BS they have an E code and surpass A code , andhe knew that the DOT bloke sends all kind of stupid shit over the pits and hasn't got a clue

Ok there is no such law stating an isolator be used on any external wiring. However most mining companies have a 300amp isolator on the bulbar to cut the power from the battery to the rest of the electrical system in the event of an accident or fire.

As for everything else I was picked on it's all ADR approved so the little turd had no idea what he was on about. Despite a warning I have fired off a complaint as to the nature of the inspectors actions.

Any one pulled over he drives a Commodore ute with a canopy in his late 50's with reseeding grey hair. If I hear anything I will update here.

Cheers

Are they ones with the (i think) green and purple lights on the roof?

Be interesting to see if the guy actually works for the DOT or he's just put self-made magnetic stickers on his ute and drives around hoping someone will try to bribe him to get rid of him.

Ok there is no such law stating an isolator be used on any external wiring. However most mining companies have a 300amp isolator on the bulbar to cut the power from the battery to the rest of the electrical system in the event of an accident or fire.

As for everything else I was picked on it's all ADR approved so the little turd had no idea what he was on about. Despite a warning I have fired off a complaint as to the nature of the inspectors actions.

Any one pulled over he drives a Commodore ute with a canopy in his late 50's with reseeding grey hair. If I hear anything I will update here.

Cheers

I actually do have A proper isolation switch in the back of my tub. Just as a precaution anyway.
You know safety first!!!

At least if something happens whilsts I'm out camping to my auxiliaries batteries I have a quick way of isolating them from causing further problems.
I think it's a worthwhile investment for $45 (peace of mind Flip a switch)

Thanks for all the info Abouttogobush.:beer:

I was watching that Highway Patrol on TV and a guy got don't for a boost "T". The cops on that show said it was illegal because it vents to atmosphere. So does the exhaust last time I checked. :)

I was watching that Highway Patrol on TV and a guy got don't for a boost "T". The cops on that show said it was illegal because it vents to atmosphere. So does the exhaust last time I checked. :)

The exhaust has passed through the CAT, the leakage from the boost T hasn't. Same for the output of the catch can. In real terms it's a minor difference, but the difference is there and they have a law that says you can't do it.

I have a 100amp breaker next to my solenoid so I should be covered, I don't plan on doing any further mods so I shouldn't have a problem.

No surprises there is no fine or anything on record to do with this altercation connected to my rego. Privacy laws prevent a lot being a government dept. Best to walk away and let it go, however I am now armed with a camera and will record if this happens again. Most aftermarket products have a adr approval, some are rebadged but you should be ok getting a copy. I put this down to a jerk on a power trip having a bad day.

Latest posts

Back