dom3 install started

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I opened it up today it's set on rail 4 injectors 3 but will probably put my skirt on and turn injectors down to 2. Got pedal box to go in aswell so that will also help get rid of lag. Would go higher tune but don't want to risk it, wife and 3 kids depending on it to tow our home around the country it needs to be reliable, especially seeing as how we plan / hope to be traveling for at least another 6 months.

Haha. I thought I was being cautious with 5 and 6. But I guess better safe then sorry (like I am right now) specially driving a lot. Good thinking flash.

So, two attempts to get rail harness from Perth, first guy was too busy to do it so after patiently waiting a week for express post I politely rang them and organised another.
Had time this morning to finish job off, or so I thought! Fuel rail harness fitted, ran with fail safe plugs just fine. Couple of hours to fab a bracket off power steer reservoir bracket for chip, plug in and pretty up.
Moment of truth and damn excited about road test, start her up and running like a bag of shit! Erratic idle, throttle deader than standard, running in and slightly knocky!
Tried ecm reset, didn't help (nor did it seem to work as cel didn't flash). Tried reducing tune, still doing it! Set both to zero and it runs ok but revs still ramp up after stabbing throttle and releasing.
Refitted fail safe plugs and running fine!
Rang Robert, no answer. Awaiting email reply.
Not happy, especially after waiting so f#@king long for an apparently premium product from an apparently reliable organisation!

Anyone got anything?

Thinking about going to Scotts rods at Ipswich as they sell chip it but be f@#ked if I'm handing over any more cash after this debacle!

I'd of thought their had been enough posts about chipit's poor service to make people think twice!

Certainly hope so, for every one else's sake! My disaster started well before all the negative feedback.

You and me both brother, would love to get the big bitch cracking but it just ain't gonna happen!
Was thinking about dp chip but as its been going ok without chip so far I thought I'd save my coin, besides, I'm toying with the idea of a 100 series turbo diesel as a more suitable tow rig.

Flash about a week ago I had the same problem. Ran like trash, engine knocking, smoking like shit. So chips out and c ant say I'm ever refitting it. Nothing but problems. Haven't tried calling chip it coz it's more easier to draw blood from stone. Worst company I've ever dealt with. Buyers beware. Ran great for a week after finally fixing limp mode problems but no where good enough. Very disappointing.

Latest posts

Back