dom3 install started

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flashum1

Reaction score
So after months of anxiously waiting for my Dom3 I finally took the plunge. I installed the egr blank, hispec fuel limiter & egt gauge / shutdown. Decided I wanted to go for a bit of a run before doing the rest of the chip, just to see what difference it made and if there were any issues. Wow, what an improvement! Idle is smoother, throttle response is better, and most surprisingly it has somehow reduced my low rpm vibration. Just to elaborate, after I installed single mass npc clutch kit I have had a bit of a vibration trying to produce torque too low in a gear, for example, exiting a roundabout in 4th because I can't be bothered changing gears, I would get a shuddering thru the floor, more so at full throttle. It is also noticed when pulling van up hills and trying to hold a gear low into the rev range. Knowing this has been caused by the removal of dual mass it doesn't concern me, just select a lower gear and keep going. This being said, on my drive yesterday (no caravan) this low rev vibration has been significantly reduced. Previously over fueling perhaps? Weird. Has anyone else encountered any of this?

Last edited:
I could be wrong but I think its really bad for your syncros to do lazy thngs like not down shift and let the car labor in a high gear to a point its shuddering.

So after months of anxiously waiting for my Dom3 I finally took the plunge. I installed the egr blank, hispec fuel limiter & egt gauge / shutdown. Decided I wanted to go for a bit of a run before doing the rest of the chip, just to see what difference it made and if there were any issues. Wow, what an improvement! Idle is smoother, throttle response is better, and most surprisingly it has somehow reduced my low rpm vibration. Just to elaborate, after I installed single mass npc clutch kit I have had a bit of a vibration trying to produce torque too low in a gear, for example, exiting a roundabout in 4th because I can't be bothered changing gears, I would get a shuddering thru the floor, more so at full throttle. It is also noticed when pulling van up hills and trying to hold a gear low into the rev range. Knowing this has been caused by the removal of dual mass it doesn't concern me, just select a lower gear and keep going. This being said, on my drive yesterday (no caravan) this low rev vibration has been significantly reduced. Previously over fueling perhaps? Weird. Has anyone else encountered any of this?
That's like a mirror image of mine done 40k now with the chip the guy that dynoed it said it was "gear clatter"due to the huge increase in torque and is very common but few folk here have reported it 3rd and 4th are the worst top gear is as quiet as a mouse take the chip out and no noise.
John

Thanks 180, makes sense, I'll adjust my ways.
Cheers John but I haven't installed chip yet. Will report when I do.

Hey mate. This is a bit unrelated but does ur dom3 have a switch to adjust tunes or do u use jumpers? Mine has no switch but I have pins without jumpers also! Any ideas?

Sorry to hijack ur thread.

Hey mate. This is a bit unrelated but does ur dom3 have a switch to adjust tunes or do u use jumpers? Mine has no switch but I have pins without jumpers also! Any ideas?

Sorry to hijack ur thread.

All good joy. Dom3 has a jumper to put each side (rail / injectors) into program mode. Then it's got a dial to adjust tune and button to upload tune to chip. I think that's how it's done, haven't finished install yet. Got most of it done and found fuel rail harness extension missing so I'm waiting a couple of days for Perth to send it to me which they were more than happy to do.

Hell yes! Now it's bloody raining and I've gotta remove chip, fit testing blanks, tidy up wiring, refit grille and engine cover and pack up tools. Hope rain stops soon, I miss my shed!

Thanks mate that's what I thought. I can see all the pins but I don't have any jumper in any of the pins. From what I understand u move jumper left or right on the 3 pins to run mode or program mode. But I have nothing at all. Maybe that's why I'm in limp mode? Lol

Yeh been on the blower. They'll get back to me.

Hey flash I've been told there are supposedly over 100 tunes available to us. With each dial only having 0-9 adjustments wouldn't that mean 20 tunes? 10 on each dial? Unless when u turn dial from 9 to 0 it goes up a level? Any ideas?

Tunes 0 thru 9 on rail, tunes 0 thru 4 on injectors, combinations of both are 50 (I think roughly) on board tunes, 'custom' tunes are available from chip it dealers upon request although I think 100 may be a stretch.

Lol, yeh my thoughts exactly. Hope u get ur harness soon mate. I'm sure u will be very happy with results. I had mine on 5 and 6 and power was incredible. Torque improvement was huge. Very happy until l imp mode kicked in and ruined the party. Might have to turn rail down, or fit limiter in. Anyways good luck with it all. Let us know how u go.

Fit limiter for sure. You done egr plate? I did limiter and egr first, that made a noticeable difference.

Yeh first thing I did was block egr. That it self made a difference.

Guess ill have to make some time for limiter. From what I've read it's a bitch coz their so tight. U have much trouble on yours? Anything I have to be careful of?

Nah, posted in ur other thread. Just be careful not to overtighten banjo bolt into limiter. You'll be feelin all tuff n stuff after doing limiter, quite easy to forget banjo bolt is hollow. I used single hex 3/8 drive shallow socket on a long flexi head ratchet, it was either 14 or 15mm.

Back