D40 alternater Bearing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick1

Reaction score
hi, I have a 2007 d40 and I have done 2 alternater bearings, one geniune and now a after market one, genuine lasted 50K and the non genuine has lasted 7k, has any one else had any problems with these as our dealer said I am the only one here.

Which bearing? I replaced the bearings in my R51 Pathy's alternator over Christmas at 170,000km and have had no further issue in the next 10,000. It was actually only the rear one that was noisy. I did not change the one way clutch pulley.

75k on my 07 and the bearings are all quiet
Bearings would only fail from too much tension on the belt which shouldnt happen or crap getting into bearings.
Or
possibly bad belt alignment

Mine was well locked up when removed, my suspicion was simply a bad bearing to begin with. Belt tension wise I have been tensioning it by slowly creeping it up until it just does not squeal on cold start.

Hi sorry it is the bearing on the front of the alternator that supports the belts, I dont know why in such low km that I have gone through 2 already, the car has only done 62k. but allot of that would be high way and remote dirt roads and allot of muddy, river crossings up north. but keep it well maintained every 5km. The only issue is that our Nissan dealer here is very un reliable and crap there for since new the vehicle has always been maintained by another work shop.

I've never laid eyes on the bearing itself. Is it an open bearing or a sealed one? Muddy water by its very nature is full of abrasive particles. It isn't rocket science pointing to that as a possible cause for the trouble.

Then that leads me to think that there should be two more things added to our "repertoires" of both preparation and the after-trip cleanup.

In the preparation stage, all exposed bearings should probably have some semi-adherent lubricant/sealer applied, perhaps like a heavy grease.

In the cleanup stage, those bearings should have this stuff removed, which will remove any particles caught (and obviously stopped from entering the bearings).

Worth thinking about?

I assume from the description that Maverick1 is talking about the clutch pulley, that should be reasonably straightforward to do what you are talkling about o. Possibly not as simple if he means the tensioner pulley.

Check to see if all of your pullies are running in line and that none of the bolts on your brackets have come loose.If the belt isn't running in line it will put added pressure on the bearing and it will fail

Latest posts

Back