D22 fuel pressure problem

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i would fit a bit of clear fuel line on the pump outlet and see if there is any air bubbles.

Pull the scv and blast it out with a can of carb cleaner then dunk in diesel and really install the other way up. Also remove do all the engine bay earth's and especially the one for the ECU. Reset the ECU. If that doesn't sort it I would get an android and a copy of torque to see what is actually happening. Fuel relief valve could be cactus. Difficult but not impossible to replace. Also check every vacuum hose including the one to the servo. Any leak will cause running issues. Run a full fuel purge as well. Check all the electrical connections to the fuel pump and clean with contact cleaners. Clean and ready seat the connections to the ECU as they can cause problems. Thats about all I can think of for now!

I did start noticing it a day or two after i got it back from nissan.
I just did the fuel purge and amazingly has made a monster difference. Its so quiet now. Its never been this quiet. Hopefully tomorrow morning it will have a nice idle when i start it

Yep crud in the fuel system. Drive a thousand km and do another purge that should sort it. Fingers crossed thats all it is. These modern common rail motors really suffer from any dirt and water in fuel. Even a couple thousand km over the service interval will cause issues.
Good result :)

I did a purge at about 90tho...i really only run premium diesel from caltex and BP.my purge made it run a bit sweeter but i got no junk in the overflow like others have.still have a irratic idle.

Well its definitely running much better. But like i said im not sure yet if it has fixed my cold start idle problem. But im really hoping it has. Thanks everyone for your help and ill definately get back to everyone tomorrow with my idle out come.

Ok so today its running much smoother and quieter. Still a little miss when cold but nothing like before. I am hearing a faint ting ting ting noise so got the trustworthy long screwdriver out and noise is coming from injector number 3. So im thinking its now time to save for some injectors.

Last time i was talking to my truck mechanic. (older self employed bloke into racing) he said there are denso direct parts that nissan know nothing about.most have had there issued addressed.just saying shop around for advise.nissan are like my local repco...nothing more that shop assistants with a slight interest in cars.

Yea i deffinately wont be taking it to nissan. Especially berwick nissan where i purchased it and had the timing chains done. They made a mess of the car. There not real mechanics.

Latest posts

Back