D22 ZD30 Rough Start and Won’t Rev After Fuel Filter Change

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calaisstaples

Reaction score
Hey,
I’ve changed the fuel filter on my 04 ZD30 Navara, only to find primer wasn’t functions. I’ve got a new primer fitted, works a treat, primed up the fuel, really hard to start though, and when it does start, it idled rough, so I got all the air out of the system (I think) but now it won’t rev over 1k. I’ve tried and read everything just can’t seem to find the issue. I have fuel pressure coming out the end of my injector lines too.

put a bit of clear fuel hose on after the filter and check for bubbles. might still be sucking air in.
also check the filter is the correct one. one manufacture has the incorrect filter in their online listing.

Okay I will try that, my fuel filter is the SCF332, says it should fit my car and I’m pretty sure I’ve used it before. I’ll try the clear hose.

one thing i have also seen is people not changing the o ring on the bottom of the filter and causing leaks, including air to be sucked in,

Also one other thing is that the car will cold start and idle fine, but after engine gets warm, and I turn car off, it won’t start until I let the car cool down fully

Hey,
I’ve changed the fuel filter on my 04 ZD30 Navara, only to find primer wasn’t functions. I’ve got a new primer fitted, works a treat, primed up the fuel, really hard to start though, and when it does start, it idled rough, so I got all the air out of the system (I think) but now it won’t rev over 1k. I’ve tried and read everything just can’t seem to find the issue. I have fuel pressure coming out the end of my injector lines too
I see you are in Perth mate, where abouts? Have you had a scan tool on it to check the fault codes?

I am in perth in nollamara. I haven’t had a scan tool plugged in as I don’t have one. But it isn’t throwing any engine light or anything so not sure.

Nothing at all coming up on a scan tool, still won’t rev over 1k
I'm having similar prob nothing comes up on scan tool no engine light and IV replaced fuel filter and won't start unless I put start ya bastard in intake but won't run unless I keep spraying it in intake my dad is old school back yard mechanic and it done this once before and we tow started it and was fine after that but I haven't giving tow start a go this time as I'm not always going to be able to tow start it any advice be great thanks

Latest posts

Back