couple of questions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

will66

Reaction score
Hi
New to the forum and not real good with computers either.
Been stumbling around in here for hours but have found some really good stuff.
Couple of questions out of about a hundred that i could ask
1 Have been told that i cant buy a braket that allows me to mount a winch behind my factory alloy bar. Could make one myself but are worried about the airbags an anyone tell me different ?
2 Been quoted $2200 for suspension kit 40mm lift OME from ARB 4 corner package with fitting But could get a 5 inch setup brand new from a mate who didnt get around to fitting it for not much more but as discussed already on this forum the legal issues worry me
Any help would be appreciated
Cheers Will

A 5" lift is easily noticeable and if it's not certified then you could be pinged for it.

As for the winch behind the bar, you could make one yourself, use 6mm steel and bolt that to the chassis rails directly. Remember that the entire weight of your vehicle (and then some) is going to haul on that point.

I personally would not trust an alloy bar to winch me out if really stuck. Your car could end up shorter on one end.Secondly Your insurance will be void with a lift that high and ARB are very expensive for that type of thing. Try Caroll`s Springs in sydney for lift kits. Very reasonable. Hope that helps

No reason why you can't use a winch with an ally bar. Use a steel cradle behind the ally bar and mount the fairlead on the cradle and there is no stress on the bar whatsoever.

Of course they are for decoration where else are you going to wrap your tinsel at chrissie time and mount your red nose mid year.

thanks for the advice guys but is certification enough to satisfy the fun police and how much drama would it cause with any remaining factory warranty
will

Personally I wouldn't let the manufactures warranty and what they can and can't do scare me out of making mods that I want.

As long as the mod is legal the manufacturer still has to prove that the modified part caused the malfunction that the warranty claim concerns. Yes they can make the claims process harder but they can't just say that after market shocks caused the roof to rust or the paint to peel off the steering wheel.

How hard a company tries to prove your warranty claim is void is no doubt directly related to how much the claim is worth but at the end of the day providing you do everything legal, as a consumer of both genuine and after markets parts, you are still covered by some form of warranty against, the part, it's workmanship, it's operation and any damage that part causes if it fails.

Peoples ideas vary but to me the warranty (any warranty) is used as a scare tactic to try and convince the consumer to do what the manufacturer wants. Eg "do it our way or we will void the warranty", but the consumer still has protection and it's up to you to decide how much protection you want.

But it does pay to remember that just because you follow a manufacturers warranty doesn't mean they can't squirm out of it, just like insurance companies the larger the claim the more likely they will be to squirm even if you followed their ideas word for word.

Sorry guys yes it is true however is a bullbar for decoration or for protection and winching.

He was asking if it was possible to fit into an ally bar so yes it is possible, he was not asking if the ally bar would stand up to a roo strike aswell as a steel bar. As for the air bag, I don't think it would make any difference at all as the sensors are in the body but I would seek professional advice on that one.

Back