Climate control mind of its own!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andell

Reaction score
I've got a 2014 ST D40 auto diesel (Spain) and the climate controls are driving me nuts.

It seems to have a mind of its own and even though I have it working manually with fan only and pushing fresh air, it will intermittently (but fairly often) go to recirculate or the auto function comes on and then it's trial and error with many button pushes until I can get it back to manual again. Keeps trying to do automatic!

Has anyone had similar issues and had any luck with Nissan fixing or replacing it? Nav is only about five months old with 6500km.

Yup I have had this problem for years on a 2008 D40 Adventura , A/C will switch from recirculate to opening outside vents on its own while driving, would love to figure out why and how to stop it ( I have run the built in A/C diagnostic test, and the unit says all parameters are normal????)

What are the symptoms you are having, linked?

I've got a 2007 ST-X, and it will occasionally make noises that sound like vents actuating upon shutdown, or mode change on the climate control.. wondering if this is a similar issue?

Yours seems to be opposite problem to mine Linked. Mine is going from open outside air into recirculate. The 2014 climate control system is a bit more automatic than the 2007 STX I had before. Nissan guy reckoned with mine even though I have switched the climate control OFF sensors detect if the outside air is hotter than the temp setting I have dialled up and if so it shuts the vents i.e goes to recirculate to avoid the hotter air coming in. It's a bugger if you just want the fan blowing outside air in on a fantastic day when no need for "climate control"!

It is a strange problem, as it is different to other cars ( Toyota) I have owned where the vents either stay open or close depending on a one time press of the re-circulation button.

Latest posts

Back