Clean up after 4WD adventure...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsgooch

NF Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am planning on a trip to Pebbly Beach in NSW. to get to the camp ground I need to cross a pretty large water crossing. After I get home I high pressure flush the sand and salt water from my NAV. I notice a few weeks after a trip to Straddie that under the bonnet in the engine compartment where dried drops of salt water I missed. What is the best way to clean my engine bay after this next adventure. I am pretty sure that using a hose to flush my engine compartment is a pretty bad idea.

Thanks!
rsgooch

I always hose it out just put the nozzle on a fine spray so there's not to much pressure. let it sit for a bit then I start it to warm it up and dry it out. ps make sure the engine is cold when you first do it.

give the electrics (or entire engine bay) a spray with WD40, RP7, CRC 556 or similar contact cleaner/water disperser afterwards too. it will push out any water and if there is some salt left, will lubrucate and prevent rust

I just pressure wash mine while running...start it cold tho so nothing is too hot...that way if somthing gets too wet it will probably stop running.....learnt from my hooning days.

Cold engine, start it up and spray with degreaser, leave it for a couple of minutes then hose off. It you do it 3 or 4 times a year you dont need to hit it with a jet of water, just spray.
Only occasional drawback, you may have a sqeulling fan belt for a day or so.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back