Carryboy customer service (lack of)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rastik86

Reaction score
Firstly, I didn't know where else to stick this thread. Apologies if it is misplaced.

I purchased my 2004 D22 ST-R ZD30, a few year ago now, and hunted around for one with a canopy (or hard lid, canopy being preferred of two) so I was rapt when I found the one I end up buying with the Carryboy canopy.

The Carryboy canopy was the one I liked the look of best out of the canopies available, so finding a good rig with one already on it was a massive bonus. I like the look, loved the easy open handle and the slam action closing, brake light for extra visibility to other drivers built in interior light and roof rack (albeit narrow). Great unit over all. Only thing I was a tiny bit disappointed with was the sliding windows which you can't change on this model.

The rear foam spoiler with the LED brake light was a little saggy on one side but the canopy was and still is in good nick.

Over the few years I've owned her, the foam spoiler has sagged more and warped a little bit and the lock/handle is starting to tire, and has now become misaligned and more difficult to lock/unlock.

I couldn't find the parts on EvilBay easily (or in Australia) and struggled to find anything on the net so I contacted Carryboy and asked about where to find a replacement lock/handle kit and if the foam rear spoiler is replaceable, and where to get said parts... 6 months ago (I think roughly)... Nothing, not even a "thank you for your enquiry"

Their website has an extensive catalogue and is well structured and easy to find and compare information on each vehicle and available canopy models. It is easy to find and navigate through the sections and was easy to find the contact us details and fill out the relevant info I wanted and submit my request... But to go this long unanswered for a lock which feels like it will fail any moment. I feel like if I was buying a new canopy I would get "great to hear from you sir and we will gladly accept your $3000+ and you can have any of our canopies you like!", but my request for info on failing parts is just like "meh".

Just threw this up to vent and see if any others have experienced anything similar with Carryboy, and try and get help finding parts.

Thanks for the vent outlet

Last edited:
Sometimes emails go missing, or someone assumes it has been handled and deletes it. Poor organisation but i would not have waited 6 months for a reply. I would have emailed them a week later again. Or called them.. There is always human error.

I only just realised it had been that long, and it was only starting to play up when I did email but now is a pain in the arse to lock/unlock sometimes.

You're right, I've been slack with following up my request.

But at the same time I've had much better and faster response for much less expensive items. A little attention to detail goes a long way and it's not hard to flick a quick reply saying "I've read your email and will advise when I have more info."

Edit: I am going to call on my lunch break and I also resent the info this morning when I posted this so hopefully they respond to this one.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back