Canopy Wiring & hard cover for sale

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maverick1

Reaction score
Hi, New to this site, I have just taken off my roll bar with reversing spot lights and canopy of my 2007 silver lighting nissan navara d40 STX which is for sale for $1,200.00 if any body is interested. Also I have fitted a genuine canopy to it, the wiring harness comes from back rear with aprox 400mm lenght, I can not find where this plugs into. I have removed the tail light and followed the harness but still nothing, can any body help??

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums Maverick.

Whats the the harness power? High brake light is usually just spliced into one of the brake lights and interior lights would be a matter of where and how you want it switched. Not sure what else you'd have in a canopy wiring loom. Or are you talking about a wiring harness from the vehicle?

HI KraftyPg,,
The wiring harness with four pin plastic plug has four wires in it, but there is only a high brake light wnd also a interia light, I dont have a problem splicing the brake in the original wire but thinking that it has a plug on it I would of thought it has to plug in some how. I have a liner so I can not see any inspection holes but will have to remove that tomorrow and have a look, if not will take your advise.
Cheers

Nah I doubt very much the plug is there for any other reason that for you to be able to match it if you choose to use it. Nissan wouldn't know for sure which canopy you want to put on and therefore I doubt there is any provisions made for such plugs.

Good point, will check that out or splice the wires for brake and find a common for the switched interia light. just seems weird that genuine canopy has that for their own cars but no diagram to where to plug it in.

Well one thing to bear in mind is that Nissan don't make the genuine canopy and Carryboy or Flexiglass (whoever it is) just make the canopies to size and run a cable to fit, they don't even care if the length is enough to get you were you want to go.

HI KraftyPg,
I have wired the brake light in splicing the original wires into the rear brake light, after I had done that I have now lost my parkers, all brakes work perfectly. I had removed the wires and still no parkers, checked all fuses and none have been blown, would you have any idea??

I can't remember the make up of the lights off the top of my head but are the lights dual fillament making one globe brake and one parkers? I think they are aren't they? I'm not really thinking straight right now but my only thought is that you've some how hooked into the parkers at that point rather than the brakes. When I get time later I'll have a look through the electrical section of the manual and see what it says about cabled down that end of the vehicle. Otherwise someone might come along who has a "genuine" canopy and tell you where their wires hook into the system.

Hi Krafty,
I must thank you for your time as you are very knowledgable in navara's, yeah I would say I have done a fuse some where as last night when I drove it I have noi lights on the ac controllers and the auto selecter either but can not find any fuse that is blown or listed for those areas? a bit confused.

HI Krafty,
Have found it, there is a black box aprox 100mm x 100mm hidden near firewall on the lhs not labelled in any manuel or on the car, when you pull that up there is aprox 20 small fuses and they are all in there like a normal car.
All is good now :)

Glad you found the problem Maverick, I must admit I forgot to go back and look in the manual and see what was where. When you say you checked the manual are you talking about the Electronic service manual (hundreds of PDF files)? If not look in the D40 section (search for "D40 manual" too) and download it and you should find it lists those fuses and much much more.

Latest posts

Back