Canopy, camper trailer or roof top tent

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive got a 06 D22 with lots of mods including an ARB canopy with a full set of Drifta stuff - Fridge box to the left, pull out kitchen and a drawer on top.

Its great - however Ive got a dedicated Touring rig. Cant use the tray 'cause I dont have one. 90% of the time Im in canberra or on a short trip with mates with my swag.

If I could start again, Id ditch the 'style side' tray for an aluminum tray (saving weight 'cause I dont need a steel one). Id get a removable canvas canopy made up that would sit on a frame that was designed to have either a rooftoop tent or a basket on top. Nakedape's photo with his frame and roof rack is the idea.

Inside the tray,Id run it empty for most of the time so I can use it for tip runs etc. Id get a battery plug organised so for trips Id plug in my 2nd battery for my fridge.

Zip on the canvas canopy, plug in the battery and fridge, load tucker and booze, bolt on rooftop tent and go. (rooftop would probably stay on)

I love my arb canopy, however you lose the versatility of the tray back.

Next truck will be a tray back.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back