Trailer tyres.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinE

Reaction score
This is towing, so the tyres weren't exposed to the same wear & tear as tyres on a car; we bought a used camper trailer in mid July 2018, it came with Kumho Road Venture AT's with almost new tread on them. The spare had never been on the road. There was red dust & stone chips on the camper when we bought it, so I knew it had been outback. I asked the seller & he said he'd bought the tyres to do a Cape York trip from Adelaide & back. He mentioned Birdsville too, but was a bit coy about where the camper had been. Apart from red dust stains & a few chips, the tyres still looked like new. A couple of months later we took it up through to Wanaaring & onto the Hamilton Gate, Thargo, Quilpie, Windorah, Haddon Corner, Betoota, Birdsville, Boulia, Plenty Hwy, Alice, Adelaide. Tyres at 40psi on sealed roads & 24psi on the dirt. We did a short Flinders Ranges trip with it in early 2019, then a bigger trip Adelaide, Craddock, Coward Springs, Oodnadatta, Mt Dare, New Crown, (detour to Finke for fuel), old Andado, Santa Teresa, Alice, Kingoonya, Adelaide. Same tyre pressures as before. The tyres were still looking good, but a few more stone chips in them. In early 2020 we we hoping to drive the Walkers Crossing track, but it rained across the entire outback, so we took it on a nice sealed road trip up to Uluru & back. Later that year we were stuck in SA because of the Covid hard borders, so we went out from Adelaide, Kimba, Penong, Nullarbor/Head of Bight, Bunda Cliffs, SA/WA border, Up to Cook, out onto the Regional reserve around Knowles Cave, drove a section of the old Eyre Hwy for fun, then Streaky Bay, Wudinna, Mt. Ive, Lake Gairdner, Kingoonya, Tarcoola, Andamooka, lake Torrens, Borefield Rd, Marree, Hawker, home. We drove on some very ordinary roads on that trip. We didn't do much travel in 2021; we went up from home to Copley, drove into the Gammon Ranges NP, out to Lake Frome, Grindells Hut, Arkaroola, up through to the Strez Track via Moolawatana, camped at Montecollina Bore, drove down to Lyndhurst the next day & onto Farina, then back down to Copley & out through Nepabunna again, down to Chambers Gorge, Blinman, Hawker, home. The tyres were starting to wear a bit on the inside, due to the suspension on the camper, but but apart from that, they still looked quite good, just very chipped. We didn't travel last yer at all. I recently replaced the tyres due to their age & the fact they'd been sitting in the same place for 18 months. They were stamped 1812, so they were 10 years old when I replaced them recently. No cracks, splits, or de-laminating were evident.

Latest posts

Back