Can a D40 Thai go in place of a Spain

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be ok for easy to understand changes, but not so keen to invoke an auto electrician. I am certainly attracted to the DPF delete due to cost of oil

If you could keep all your original sensors(assuming the will fit in the thai holes) id run with the rail pressure sensor from the thai just because the isnt a diffrence..things should be easy...temp...oil....scv...maf...are quite possible the same...what went wrong with your old donk?

I'd stick with the Spanish ECU and worry about the DPF later. All of the manuals indicate that there's no physical difference between the Thai and Spanish ECUs, so either the manuals don't cover those variations (which is odd) or the only difference between them is the programming.

And that raises another idea for another discussion - rather than going to a lot of trouble with DPF delete pipes and sensor replacement and stuff, why not just star-picket the guts out of the DPF and whack in a Thai ECU? It won't care about the sensors so it'll never limp-mode from them.

Some say it's there, some say not. The ST variant that came out in early 2010 was basically a rebuild of the Spanish 2009 STX so it makes sense that it had a DPF although it was missing other features like the wiring loom for the ambient temperature sensor. Maybe they were using up the last of the DPFs that had been manufactured, sorta like waste-not want-not?

It adds more confusion to the mix. Perhaps the ECU from an RX is needed?

Latest posts

Back