Business Accountants

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigalski

Reaction score
I need one or something like it.

I'm getting more business enquiries for my photography and I suck at finances. I know if i don't get it sorted early on it will be the main thing to hold me back.

I need assistance with my accounts so that my taxes are paid, i'm paid, profits are saved and accounts receivable are managed for me. Is this something an accountant or bookkeeper does or do they just crunch numbers?

Do you have any recommendations for who i should talk to?

Im based in Burleigh Heads QLD

Cheers!

Get a good book keeper that can keep everything kosher, then an accountant every now & then to double check & do tax returns etc.
Get MYOB on your computer, don't even think about learning how to work it, thats the book keepers job, concentrate your efforts on your business

cheers. been trying to work it all out myself and it takes forever.

If anyone can recommend a good accountant and/or bookkeeper in SE QLD id be grateful.

My accountant does everything.

Not worth the hassle doing it yourself.

Without going into specifics, what sort of expense does your accountant cost? would it be under or over say 10% of your annual revenue?

a mate told me they will either charge per hour or could do a contract which may or may not be better... he didnt elaborate any more :sarcastic:

My mrs does my BAS (then i drop it into the account who lodges for me straight into the system no charge) and just get the accountant to do end of years books. Not sure on cost but its not scary and its done right. Audits are hell.

Without going into specifics, what sort of expense does your accountant cost? would it be under or over say 10% of your annual revenue?

a mate told me they will either charge per hour or could do a contract which may or may not be better... he didnt elaborate any more :sarcastic:

Na only costs me $300 a quarter.

Shit Dave i was whining to the missus about mine costing $200 quarter and $800 end of year u must be doing a bit more business then me

All I have to do is just drop everything off to the accountant and they do the rest.

Lot less chance of them stuffing it up then me.

I just wanna work and do my own thing when I get home.

I am happy to pay that much.

Just dont like paying tax. Haha.

Actually thinking of going to work my mate again and doing an apprenticeship at the same time.

I miss electrical work.

best of to ask around some of the local business that you know to find an accountant. you need to find someone you can build a repore with so smaller accountants can be better. the larger the accounting companie the more likley they are to run like a business and business run well trys to make money of there clients, nothing wrong with that as we all have families to feed but if youu have to wait 2 weeks to speak to someone when you want a question answerd you will get the shits pretty quickly. your accountant should be able to refer you to a qualified and experienced book keeper that they respect. a better book keeper may charge $5 an hour more but they have a lot of experience and you can ask them questions as well and it will cost you less at the accountant because there work load is less.
Good luck

Cheers, my mate in Bathurst has offered to do it for free in his spare time to help me get started. I've known him for over 10 years but this is the first time i've ever spoken business with him and his kind offer is def something i can't afford to not accept.

Thanks for all your advice guys, much appreciated.:cheers!:

Back