• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Navara Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Brand new D40 Lokka

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leo d40

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have decided to not install the lokka I purchased through the group buy, so if anyone wishes to purchase one please PM me. $450 including shipping.

Reason for not installing it, the minister of finance has just agreed on allowing me to purchase and start to build up a GQ so I don't see the need to put in a lokka when I won't be using it.

Cheers.

Would have snapped it u if it was for a d22, I missed out on the group buy...

What year and $$ are you looking to spend on the GQ?

Looking at 89 to early 90's, 4.2D. No idea on what I want to spend, mate and I are quite mechanically minded (he's ex mechanical everything and I learnt off my mechanic Dad), so if I find something that needs some work for cheap cheap I'll pick it up.

So I'll keep the ute for work and the beach, and when I eventually get the GQ, it will be built to do all the stupid stuff :)

Get on this guys its a bloody bargain, they retail for $570 or even more from superior and at $450 INC post its even cheaper then the groups buy!!

Bit of a Bummer mate, well sort of, but great you get to build up the dream rig.

I might be interested mate. CAn you please give some more details on the benifits of a lokka?

You will hardly hear it
If you do it will be a slight ticking sound, like a ratchet

Mike had his installed in his D40 the other day and said he cant even tell its there.

The D22 is a different story due to being able to unlock the hubs.

If you go to 4WD SYSTEMS web site they have a full run down on how it operates, but basically the LOKKA is always in a locked state position, when the ground forces change (ie turning a corner) and there is no input from the drive shaft/throttle the unit will unlock.
BUT if you are accelerating the LOKKA will lock and the more throttle you give it the more force is applied via the drive shaft LOCKING the unit tighter and while under acceleration the LOKA will NOT unlock.

So in a D40 with it in 2WD the unit will unlock every time you go around a corner, so at worst you may hear a very slight click sound but from what Mike said you cant hear it from inside the cab.

What model D40 is it for ?
If it fits an 07 rear d40 Ill take it

Actually they do a unit that fits the D40 and the later rangers for the rear

The group buy was for the front, so this is from the group buy as i posted it to Leo so no it wont fit yours mate.

Eaton has been making an Elocker for the Titan for some time and AFIK Harrop is resealling the Eaton kit
http://harrop.com.au/4wd_detail.php?prod=99-ELKR11119&cat=88

Yeah they are also one of our sponsors and I have been chatting with them allot lately, they are selling the Eaton stuff as HARROP with Eaton technology.

But this is a different unit all together from both HARROP's mechanical and electronic systems

If anyone does want to look through the Eaton range can we use this link

http://www.harrop.com.au/4wd.php

as they are monitoring how many click through they get from this site to valuate how much traffic they get to allow even more help with future musters.

Latest posts

Back