Boost Loss...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR MPH

Reaction score
Recently I have lost some boost (back to stock 16psi) after installing a manual boost T and had it set at 19-20psi with great results. It now won't increase above stock boost levels nomatter how much I adjust manual controller. The intercooler looks leak free, no oily discharge, however I suspect this is the culprit.

My thoughts are a leak in the intercooler (as it used to pull hard at 19-20psi) or a leak in the boost lines as I don't have clamps on turbo actuator, boost T or wastegate hoses (however it worked fine before). I installed new silicone hoses off the intercooler and had some improvement.

I have a boost gauge installed and it reads 15-16psi and a Steinbauer chip, egr block with Mickey P3 ATZ 265/75/16. My plans are to invest in a HPD intercooler. The engine also makes a ticking/shudder under heavy throttle (front left of engine bay) not under light or moderate acceleration though. I thought this may be due to a loss of oxygen/pressure?

To start I should mention I have the boost gauge/sensor spliced into my Turbo Actuator/Wastegate Line after the Boost T (between wastegate and Boost T).

I put clamps on the lines and wound the boost up. The power was increased when driving :) However the gauge did not register above 10psi, and only in 4th gear, 1st 2nd and 3rd didn't even register on the gauge. So I then took the boost T out and test drove, the boost levels reached 15psi in all gears at approx 3500revs so working accurate without Boost T.

I'm lost...

Change your gauge to the other side of the tee. You need it the turbo side. It will still show the boost level you are reaching correctly, what you won't see where it is at the moment is when the tee starts bleeding off boost.
I'm surprised it worked at all the way it is currently set up.

Problem solved :) I got a new Boost T, clamped the hoses and changed over the gauge to the turbo side (spliced between turbo and boost T) and boost registers great. I have it set at 20psi and it pulls like a dream not to mention reduces egt also. Thanks to the advanced members; HappyJohn, Rumpig and Bods.

Latest posts

Back