big trouble!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ant2290

Reaction score
hey guys, im fairly new to this forum, ok i need some expert advice. i bought a 2008 str 2.5 just over 12months ago atm it has 120k's on it and it has always been serviced until i missed one, any how i was having problem with it which turned out to be the injectors which i got cleaned and my mechanic did a test to if the cylinder valves. he said that number 3 cylinder exhaust valve was stuffed and it would need to be redone. what would my best options be, he said i would be looking at atleast $3500. with a new timing chain in it aswell. is that about right or hav i got sucker written all over me. this is my first diesel aswell

What exactly did he say needed to be "redone" ? Exhaust valves aren't expensive and it's not a big job, for a mechanic to replace one, even if he is replacing the timing chain as well?

Is this quote with a reco'd head, set of valves or just one valve? timing chain might already been done look through the service history. If it was me id be asking for the reconditioned head as if ones burnt out the others wont be far away and the steam seals would be knackered aswell.

he just said that the number 3 exhaust valve needed to be redone, and do the timing chain at the same time. he sai id hav to buy ne gaskets get the head serviced and yeah. im not really that mechanically friendly but my neighbour is and he said he'd give me a hand. time isnt a problem its just the finances r abit tight atm.

do it yourself then go past the bottle'o' on the way home friday remove the head send it away and get a pro to replace the valve, seats and guides past the bottle'o' again and fit her up....

Why does he think no 3 Cylinders exhaust valves are stuffed ?

Id use a brand new head over a reco.

If you have to replace the chain you may as well do the upgrade kit that is now available from a member of the forum

hey nathan do u know which member has the upgrade kit? the mechanic did a flow test and said it was number 3, either way i will replace all the valves.

Back