Bee.Jay

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bee.Jay

Reaction score
Hi every one am new to forum Bought My D22 Dual cab with ZD30TD engine new in 2002 trouble free up to 150,000ks. a lot of caravan(Grey Nomad) towing involved but in last 40,000Ks. a lot of problems, 1st. they do not like generic fuel filters 2nd. should be fitted with an oil catch can from new Build up in intake manifold is not pretty to look at and robs power as well as increases EGT. 3rd I now have loss of power and missing at high RPM 3000+ just like a petrol engine starving for fuel, does any body have any ideas where to look, it still starts well, no smoke, 14Lt/100 towing 19ft van

I would think boost leak. I split a turbo hose on mine and it was the same sort of thing. No power above 3000rpm and didn't really want to rev further like it used to.
I also know what you mean about the aftermarket fuel filters

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Forum Runner

Welcome to the forum.

I'd check the air hoses too. Look for signs of oil around them, that'll point you to the leak.

3,000rpm should be where the turbo is fully spooled up and the ECU should know that.

If the hoses are all ok, then I'd check the boost sensor - if you can plug a ScanGauge or a bluetooth OBD adapter into the OBD port and read the boost pressure off.

Lastly, clean the hose and pop it off the front of the turbo and check it out. Make sure the turbo spins smoothly (no grittiness or roughness to the turn).

It could also be the EGR. If the valve isn't closing properly at higher throttle then it could be flooding the intake with exhaust gas, substantially robbing the engine of power. This is a difficult one to tell - it's easier to block the EGR off and be done with it.

Thanks Guys Blocking EGR sounds good inside the inlet manifold was a real mess took it off soaked it in turps and preasure cleaned it now will do the EGR mod

Welcome to the forum.

I'd check the air hoses too. Look for signs of oil around them, that'll point you to the leak.

3,000rpm should be where the turbo is fully spooled up and the ECU should know that.

If the hoses are all ok, then I'd check the boost sensor - if you can plug a ScanGauge or a bluetooth OBD adapter into the OBD port and read the boost pressure off.

Lastly, clean the hose and pop it off the front of the turbo and check it out. Make sure the turbo spins smoothly (no grittiness or roughness to the turn).

It could also be the EGR. If the valve isn't closing properly at higher throttle then it could be flooding the intake with exhaust gas, substantially robbing the engine of power. This is a difficult one to tell - it's easier to block the EGR off and be done with it.

Thanks Old Tony did that had it dyno tested came up max 43.6 Kw @ the wheels boost 19@3500 I find the result a bit confusing as the power does not feel that low on the road could the fuel need tweeking ?

Yeah, should be near 70kw. Dirty injectors, restricted airflow, dirty air filter. You said you found the inlet manifold to be extremely dirty, I'd be pulling the whole inlet manifold apart and giving it a good clean, put a catch can on and doing an ECU relearn.

G/day was not aware of a switch on 5 speed box it reved to 4400rpm in 3rd on the dyno that did not seem right to me ,should there have been more load on than that

Back