Avenger tyre hitch carrier

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working on them at the moment guys, just getting a few adjustments made so they're a bit more user friendly (rear step bumpers etc.).
Stay tuned to our website. Won't be long now.

thanks, Jess

Hey Jess long time no see of this forum....you guys learnt how to make canopies with all the bits in 'em yet :sarcastic:

I would be interested to hear from anyone that knows anything about these also. Just wondering if you got around to contacting them for a price on this Perko? I am overseas again at the moment so a little more difficult....
Just wondering if its much cheaper than getting a bar made up or nearly the same? In which case I would wait until Scottybobcat starts making something similar.... Rather see the little guys win (Not that I am saying your little Scotty..... :D ) but if it worked I kinda like the quick easy removal idea, which obviously also has its weaknesess....

Jess (Avenger 4x4) is the guy making the ones in the OP (well he's probably watching as the real workers make them), whether he comes back with an update or not the avenger website will have the details for this particular model.

That tyre hitch mite just be the thing ill be after when I start touring to carry the 2nd spare. Any other info on it would be great.

Cheers
Rusty

Hi NiftyNev

Price wise I have only been able to get some prices off the WEB in $US around the $600-700, it will be interesting to see what is the actual price will be.

My only concern with them is if they say you can tow with them, not a hope in hell I would try and tow my boat up the cape with one.

I too like the quick and easy option that I can take from one Navara to another, as when mine gets to be 3 years old another will be ordered.

Cheers
Perko

Cheers Perko,
I too wouldnt be towing much with it, unless it was to the tip with the little box trailer, but then I wouldnt need the second spare on.... so I guess that the tow thing wouldn't be a big deal for me, perhaps being able to snatch off the reciever with the pin might be though, in which case if you are snatching someone out, would at least have a person to help you remove it for the recovery anyway (Bogged person, they gotta do what ever you ask really if they want out.. ;D). then slide back in.

We have a policy at work and it is basically this when it comes to recoveries

1 carton per person involved in the recovery
2 cartons per vehicle involved in the recovery

Can get expensive when you get 3 cars bogged getting the 1st one out!!!!!!!!!!

I will let you know more info when I get it, I have my helpful ARB dealer helping me out.

Cheers

Same policy with me. Mind you.. the three cartons I got for picking up the powerline boys in the helicopter when they got bogged were more than outweighed by the sheer delight everyone else took in them having to overnight in the car half naked together cos they were drenched and I couldnt get there til first light. I made sure everyone else knew about me turning up to find them rapidly putting clothes on. In the middle of sandfly and mosquitoe heaven too. :D worth its weight in gold it was....
Unfortunately I was unable to snatch them out with the heli.. haha. That was a week later recovery effort.

Latest posts

Back