Auto Headlights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone got the genuine auto headlights fitted?
There is a set on Evilbay and I am just curious.On the Frontier the switch is on the indicator stalk. I havent seen such a thing on the Navara. Is there a switch or something for auto headlights ?

The euro guy's get auto headlights on there D40's but us poor southern hemisphere cousins aren't lucky enough to get that spec.

On there one's the indicator stalk has it too and there is a sensor in the mirror along with the rain sensor for the auto wipers.

Next Navara I get I might order direct from Europe. Be nice to have a ute that starts its own engine, drives itself to McDonalds, buys & eats your food for you, drives back home and wakes you up when it's back and spewing in your garage.

Maybe they think we're backward people down here and can barely tell which way up to put a horse so we can get a saddle on it, so they don't want to give us too many fancy gadgets in our cars in case it confuses us. If they didn't, us simple folk wouldn't buy their widget gizmo whatsamacallit thingymajigs.

Gotta love how they look after us teknikelly inpaird peepols. Maybe if we cud all lurn to speek guder they mite giv us guder carriges wiv fancy auto thingies.

Yes the auto headlights are fitted to the Euro Navara. They work of the normal light/indicator stalk at the first switch position.

They are a complete and utter waste of time. I want to decide when and if I want headlights or sidelights on.

The wipers have a similar switch position and it works great varying the wiper speed depending on the amount of rain.

Last edited:
So not everyone laughs at Dunnydoor drivers entering undercover car parks and having their headlights come on despite there being ample light under there to see and headlights being more of a hindrance to other drivers? I knew I was unique but I truely thought the mass population would laugh at people who needed a car to tell them when to use headlights and wipers.

i think its on the nissan website in the navara accessories

i have thought about getting it but unsure if it would be worth it

oh ok
my issue would be it wouldnt be compatible with earlier models as the harness will be different
I was going to get the genuine parking sensors but when they said it would be a straight plug in jobby I steered clear. There was no option for that on the 07 trucks so am thinking they maybe wouldnt fit

The genuine kit suits all D40's.
It lists as all spain built from 4/2005 and all Thai built from 3/2008 which would be when both started in Oz.
I have sold a couple and they seem to be easy enough to fit from reports back.
$130 plus some post so not that expensive.

Is 11 years too old to bump a thread?

I have a 2007 R51 Ti without auto headlights. I bought the stalk from a wreckers for a D40 with the Auto position, what more do I need to make them work? Do I need a different clockspring? I believe the sensor would go in the bubble on the dash, is that right?

I also bought the stalk for the auto wipers, but I'll leave that as an exercise for another day.

Any help would be appreciated.

The headlight controls (and indicator and wiper controls) do not go through the actual inner clock spring cable itself, but they do directly connect into the side of the clock spring assembly. Whether the non-auto assembly (or the wiring loom into the BCM below) actually caters for the auto lights/wipers I can't say - I've never tried.

I don't know how the Nissan auto wipers work, either. On my other car, there's a camera integrated into the section in front of the rear view mirror and it uses this to determine if there's too much rain falling on the car (as well as using this for determining if it's dark enough to bring the headlights on) but I don't know if the Nissan gear works the same way.

Latest posts

Back