4x4 switch

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cozmojo

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for some advice. I own a Navara ST 2013 auto. I do like the ute very easy to drive and comfortable but the 4x4 just doesn't work/engage. I had the 3 switches replaced on the gearbox after the 4x4 indicator on the dash started to flash then not come on and 4x4 wouldn't engage. The switches lasted less than a year before giving up the ghost. Is there more to it than just replacing the switches, I have read that the prop shaft end seal should be swapped out for an upgraded one that stops water ingress? Annoying not having 4x4 on dirt roads. Would like to get the car repaired but not sure it is worth it. Furthermore, now the LCD display on the dash flashes or doesn't show at old. If I turn the car off they tend to come back on. Cheers

Sounds like you might have a couple of different problems. Worth doing a little free testing to be sure, anyway.

First: see if you can add a black wire from the stereo casing inside the dash to one of the dashboard mounting bolts. That might fix your instrument issues.

Second: find a level corner (no incline in either direction) and travel (gently, coasting if possible) around this corner (windows open if you like) and listen to the front wheels. Come back the other way using as little engine power as possible. Does the car sound different coming through the corner the second time? If it's louder in a left hand bend, the right front wheel bearing is starting to disintegrate and has thrown muck in the ABS ring, which turns off 4WD. Similar for the right hand bend.

That's a couple of free things to do anyway, if it's still happening there are other things to look at.

Latest posts

Back