Are Upper Ball Joins needed when Lifting D22 Navras?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatBoy89

Reaction score
Hi Guys. Im just about to purchase myself a D22 Nav. 2009 Model. Looking at Lifting in 2 inchs and Putting 265/75/16 tyres on it. I phoned snake racing and they tell me it needs Torsion Bars and Upper Control arms for said lift.
And that it will cost me $2600? Is this True. Can anyone give me some more Advice on this?
Sorry if it has been posted before im new to forum use.

They are full of S***. All you need is a set of rear leaf springs front and rear shocks and shackles, u-bolts, bushes. Get on to Zordo (member of this forum) for a good price and the right advice. Snake Racing are just a bunch of Snakey salesmen.

Really? So nothing will even happen if i dont use Ball Joints? Yeah i have seen abit about zordo around. Theres a few kits on ebay that arent to expensive.. I was thinking of going with those.. Are Torsion Bars needed?

Only if you have a steel bar or winch or plan on getting one fitted in the future, they are just heavy duty torsion bars to cope with the extra weight

Mate torsion bars are only needed if u have steel bar and winch. None of that? It's not needed. Ring zordo first before making any decisions. I have had my suspension done and also sent my brother to him four his patrol lift which we are both super happy with. Upper control arms are only needed for 3" lift or if you have trouble with wheel alignment after 2" lift.

Goodluck

Rusty

Ahh okay kool. Well it will have An Aluminium Bar on it but thats bout it. So im only really looking at about $1000 to lift it.. I wasnt too keen on spending $2700 In just parts..
Just want to be able to have abit more clearance when I put bigger tyres on

Yeh mate the snake kits are good if u want the full 3". But the efs, ironman, bluemax kits are good 2" kits. I have efs gear and super happy. Also I am getting my mud tires fitted this week in the 265/75/16 Federal Couragia mts on 16x8 kings rims

Yeah your setup is pretty much exactly what i want/need. Mainly used for longish trips and Hunting. Not any major 4wding. Will still to some medium 4wding though. I think a 2" lift and 265.75/16s will be enough. :)
Pretty happy now.

What is getting the front end higher though? Just winding out the torsion bars? and the new shocks? Wont the front end get really sloppy?

yeh fatboy the front is just torsion bars up. remember to leave a 10mm gap between the arm and bump stop for down travel or its real rough. my front end has a alloy bullbar liek yours and i have no slop. if anything it feels better, remembering i have they heavier shocks up front not the comfort shocks like the rear.

here is my ute with the new shoes.

SDC12974.jpg

Latest posts

Back