D22 suspension lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dilza

Reaction score
Hello guys,
Fairly new to the d22 been told a few things by different people just hoping someone can shed some light,
Wanna get a suspension lift snake racing is the best place apparently but are bit costly i’m just gonna go with west coast suspensions as I’ll get them fairly cheap through work, not gonna be 4x4ing heaps just probably sand June’s, little hills and camping a bit more
Question 1: Got told I’ll need to get 3inch shocks in the front and 2inch at the rear why can’t I get 2inch all round and would I need the extend upper control arms for this 2inch lift or will it damage everything at the front end
Question 2: do u really need to replace the torsion bars when doing 2inch lift??
question 3: do u need to tighten them up when doing 2inch lift and will the factory ones be alright with this lift kit??
Question 4: later down the track might put 33’s on after the lift will the upper control arms be needed then??
I know this is a lot I just don’t know where else to ask for this advice other then here, appreciate all the feedback I’ll get from this cheers

shocks, i think you'll find most aftermarket shocks for the front are the same length.

don't need to replace torsions, just adjust, replace if you want a heavier spring rate to support steel bullbar and winch, dual battery etc. do a search on adjusting torsion bars.

upper control arms don't do a lot, will give you slightly more downward travel, good to have, but not something you have to have for a 2" lift.

33's will need guard modifications.

Cheers Ben85 clear most things up for me, and yeh I do have a steel bullbar but the torsion bars look factory that was my other one but mint, i’m gonna get shocks all round then and buy a 2inch block kit for the rear,and HD torsion comes up about $500-600 or less,
With the 33’s mods that ur talking about the plastic guard needs cutting for the clearance??

I don't think you can fit 33s with two in lift in front . Mine is turned up 2in. TBar with 3in body lift I had to do bottom firewall mods . Also used a flat mud guard mounted even with wheel arch .

Hello guys,
Fairly new to the d22 been told a few things by different people just hoping someone can shed some light,
Wanna get a suspension lift snake racing is the best place apparently but are bit costly i’m just gonna go with west coast suspensions as I’ll get them fairly cheap through work, not gonna be 4x4ing heaps just probably sand June’s, little hills and camping a bit more
Question 1: Got told I’ll need to get 3inch shocks in the front and 2inch at the rear why can’t I get 2inch all round and would I need the extend upper control arms for this 2inch lift or will it damage everything at the front end
Question 2: do u really need to replace the torsion bars when doing 2inch lift??
question 3: do u need to tighten them up when doing 2inch lift and will the factory ones be alright with this lift kit??
Question 4: later down the track might put 33’s on after the lift will the upper control arms be needed then??
I know this is a lot I just don’t know where else to ask for this advice other then here, appreciate all the feedback I’ll get from this cheers

cheapest lift is add a leaf to the rear springs, or change the spring pack. that gets you 2" rear lift and you wind up the front torsions.
if you run front bar and winch, then you really need to change the torsions due to the weight.
replace the shocks whenever they stuff out.

So what do the torsions actually do then since u said don’t worry about the shocks I thought they just change the wheel travel a bit and winding them up to much or and just fucks the front end out

Cheers Ben85 clear most things up for me, and yeh I do have a steel bullbar but the torsion bars look factory that was my other one but mint, i’m gonna get shocks all round then and buy a 2inch block kit for the rear,and HD torsion comes up about $500-600 or less,
With the 33’s mods that ur talking about the plastic guard needs cutting for the clearance??

plastic removed from mud flaps, or removed all togeather.
some metal will need to be removed or hammered in.

not sure i'd recommend lift blocks.

So what do the torsions actually do then since u said don’t worry about the shocks I thought they just change the wheel travel a bit and winding them up to much or and just fucks the front end out
the torsion bars are the front springs. however being adjustable you do have some height adjustment, tho it does not change the wheel travel.
stock shocks will handle a 2" lift.

Latest posts

Back