ARB side rails and steps!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Munnerz

Reaction score
How much have people been paying for there side steps and rails for there dual cabs??
Cause I just got quoted $1144,
I recently saw ironman side steps for $599 and I think the rails where $150.
That is a massive price difference!
I mean ARBs are very well constructed and mounted well to the chassis rails as I've seen them first hand but surely there's not much difference in the 2 is there?

In all honesty mate get custom ones. Expect to pay around 500 for the steps/rock sliders and I'm unsure about the rails.

If you want to talk to a fabricator give this guy a bell

uploadfromtaptalk1400226106970.jpg

He quoted me around 500. Less if you get more people to buy at the same time.

To answer your question

This is arbs pricing
uploadfromtaptalk1400226321545.jpg

The problem is compliance with side impact airbags fitted to newer D40's.

Double check this before purchasing :) From memory the Ironman stuff isn't compliant. But it has been a while since I looked into it ...

I am also shocked at how much this stuff costs as well... if you think ARB is exxy, Xrox want $1100 for just sliders!! Extortion.

The problem is compliance with side impact airbags fitted to newer D40's.

Double check this before purchasing :) From memory the Ironman stuff isn't compliant. But it has been a while since I looked into it ...

I am also shocked at how much this stuff costs as well... if you think ARB is exxy, Xrox want $1100 for just sliders!! Extortion.

Wow, really is, I don't mind paying top $ for top products, but
I couldn't imagine there was much difference between the lot,
I'll stick with ARB just cause my bullbar is I think, we will see though.

If you have a tendency to go off roading in rocky areas have a look at how the ARB ones mount I've clipped a free rocks and the rails are a bit bent now...
(The only downside)

When I looked into it the ironman ones were attached to the body same as stock steps so they were for show only.. I looked into arb not bad but dident like the center mounting bracket. It hangs down to low so I went exrox. Yep I agree they are overpriced but thet have paid for themselves so far...No good as a step though. If you need a step, then I guess its off to arb with your folding stuff...

Give MCC 4x4 accessories a try. They have ADR compliant side steps that are attached to the chassis. They are also quite well made and very solid. I paid $650 & installed them myself. Due to the fact that they sit very close to the sills, they can make squeaking/ rubbing sounds as the body moves epearately to the chassis when cornering. The only other issue is that they are manufactured for the 2.5 litre D40, & as I have the V6, there are some alignment problems on the LHS due to the wider chassis. MCC have noted this & will have steps to suit the V6 in a couple of months.

Last edited:
Give MCC 4x4 accessories a try. They have ADR compliant side steps that are attached to the chassis. They are also quite well made and very solid. I paid $650 & installed them myself. Due to the fact that they sit very close to the sills, they can make squeaking/ rubbing sounds as the body moves epearately to the chassis when cornering. The only other issue is that they are manufactured for the 2.5 litre D40, & as I have the V6, there are some alignment problems on the LHS due to the wider chassis. MCC have noted this & will have steps to suit the V6 in a couple of months.

Yeah I almost bought them but when I queried the salesman he couldn't tell me if they mounted to the chassis rails or the cab, so yeah ill grab a set when I get back to Bris Vegas:)

They dont sit as low on the chassis as the ARB ones.They sit very close to the sills so they may rub and squeak as you turn. Other that that they are fine

Latest posts

Back