Another bov question haha

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a new pipe measured up and there making me one out of stainless to fit the bov on the side, it's from turbo to manifold I thought it was going to be cheap and simple but the pipe goes from 43mm to 56mm so with three different size pipes two reducers one elbow the sensor pipe and bov pipe welded together it's $160!!! So I bought it and I'm deff not telling the mrs hahaha

I got a new pipe measured up and there making me one out of stainless to fit the bov on the side, it's from turbo to manifold I thought it was going to be cheap and simple but the pipe goes from 43mm to 56mm so with three different size pipes two reducers one elbow the sensor pipe and bov pipe welded together it's $160!!! So I bought it and I'm deff not telling the mrs hahaha

ask for a drawing or measurement? I will inquire about getting one made up, did you buy the bov kit and if so how much and from where?

Brett

Can i add if you are getting an electrically activated BOV then you are putting your truck on the list with POS excels and lancers that do the same thing. BUT if you can get it to work properly, thats awesome. And the only reason i ever wanted a turbo car.

Can i add if you are getting an electrically activated BOV then you are putting your truck on the list with POS excels and lancers that do the same thing. BUT if you can get it to work properly, thats awesome. And the only reason i ever wanted a turbo car.

The bov is from super cheap $60 on special but theres heaps on eBay. But I'd wait till I do mine just to make sure it's going to work properly.

i dont see why you cant drill the right size hole and weld a nipple onto the aluminum pipe elbow already on there then just use a piece of hose and clamps to join the two. New pipe being made from stainless $unknown, hole drilled with one welded nipple $cheaper. Im only saying cause i've welded the same pipe before

i dont see why you cant drill the right size hole and weld a nipple onto the aluminum pipe elbow already on there then just use a piece of hose and clamps to join the two. New pipe being made from stainless $unknown, hole drilled with one welded nipple $cheaper. Im only saying cause i've welded the same pipe before

Was told they couldn't weld because the original pipe is cast alloy and the bov adaptor turned out to be chrome plated steel anyways

Was told they couldn't weld because the original pipe is cast alloy and the bov adaptor turned out to be chrome plated steel anyways

I've had cast alloy manifolds and cross over pipes welded before... and just get a bit of alloy pipe to suit the BOV.

Would be a lot cheaper then making a new pipe. Not sure where you are but I have access to a TIG on the Sunshine Coast if that helps.

I've had cast alloy manifolds and cross over pipes welded before... and just get a bit of alloy pipe to suit the BOV.

Would be a lot cheaper then making a new pipe. Not sure where you are but I have access to a TIG on the Sunshine Coast if that helps.

Thanks mate but I've allready paid for it and the new stainless pipe will match the rest of my intake pipeing

Is anyone on here capable of making a intake pipe from turbo to manifold with a port for the bov I'm willing to pay, I've hunted around and can't find a suitable option without spending a fortune on a 5 piece system?

piss easy. just use aluminium bends and the silicon joiners.

Latest posts

Back