Another bov question haha

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bucktruck

Reaction score
Okay so for the past year I've been researching the hell out of this and I've finally come up with a reasonable solution but I want other peoples opinion. A bov relies on a small vacume pipe to controll when it releases so if I just use one of the pressure switches that was used for the egr to controll the bov it would work yea? Obviously I would need to wire it up to a tps and I found a kit in jaycar that you can use to put you brake lights on when you rapidly decelerate so I could use this yea? Please don't judge me for wanting one haha

yeah thats fine.
you will need to change the spring in the BOV due to system vacuum is lower than the vacuum from a throttle body. the way i've seen it done is to fit microswitchs on the throttle (idle switch) and clutch. so BOV is triggered when you come off throttle and use the clutch.

Is anyone on here capable of making a intake pipe from turbo to manifold with a port for the bov I'm willing to pay, I've hunted around and can't find a suitable option without spending a fortune on a 5 piece system?

You aint the only one here that wants one mate. I have enquired but given up due to it being too hard for my mechanical knowledge.

Brett

This is going to be a revaluation! I'll put up the details if I get it going but it looks to be a reasonably simple job. There is kits on eBay to put one on and a member on here has allready done it but a kit is too expensive for me so I'll just half ass it

Turbos smart do a bov for diesel it has everything you need to sound like a douche except the intake pipe you will have to fab that probably. ;)
hope that helps

Turbos smart do a bov for diesel it has everything you need to sound like a douche except the intake pipe you will have to fab that probably. ;)
hope that helps

Doesnt really help I allready have most of the parts I need just need to get the pipe fabed up I might go to a engineering shop today after work

Has anyone done it using the shutdown butterfly as a throttle body?

???

the shutdown butterfly is also the egr butterfly. in normal use it slams partly shut and on some engines there is just enough difference in pressure to trigger a bov.
in some engines where they can't disable the butterfly they fit a bov just like a petrol motor.

however your better off to disable the egr butterfly and trigger the bov electrically.

Yehp i know its also egr butterfly obviously i meant for this to be used in conjunction with a blocked egr... But its in a great spot to use as a throttle body actuated by vac and boost.... I didnt put anymore thought into it other then asking if anyone has played around with the possibility of using it in the same way a petrol cars bov would work

don't bother with it.
why would you make something that damages an engine when you can rig the bov to run without it.

Latest posts

Back