aircon leaking water in cab

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T/\C

Reaction score
has anyone else experienced the a/c condenser leaking from the gromet in the passenger side foot well. Just noticed it as the navara now smells like old socks as its been sitting under the rubber floor mat for ages.

There's a hose that is supposed to direct the water through the floor, but on some models the hose wasn't long enough. I'm not sure if it's a Nissan fix or a Bunnings garden-hose fix.

It might just be a loose hose connection from the bottom of the aircon unit up behind the dash.

It is a Nissan fix. The drain pipe is replaced with a longer one so that it drains outside ather than into the cab.. Had mine done and has not been a problem since.

where abouts can I find this hose/pipe. I have a wet floor at the moment, lent the car to a mate and he has had the air con on. I've only had the car 3 months or so now and haven't used the air con, only the heater. any help would be great.

Unusual to hear about this in a D22 - it only seems to have happened in D40s (you may notice this is a D40 thread, but don't let that distract you).

There'll be a section of the ducting inside your dash that has a large squarish area and a low point beneath it that should have a tube with a hose attached to it. If you can't see it, you could always fire up the air con.

It should be somewhere in the middle or slightly to left of centre of the car. With the D40s, it was a short hose from factory. No idea what yours might be - could be a split hose or it could be missing completely!

Unusual to hear about this in a D22 - it only seems to have happened in D40s (you may notice this is a D40 thread, but don't let that distract you).

There'll be a section of the ducting inside your dash that has a large squarish area and a low point beneath it that should have a tube with a hose attached to it. If you can't see it, you could always fire up the air con.

It should be somewhere in the middle or slightly to left of centre of the car. With the D40s, it was a short hose from factory. No idea what yours might be - could be a split hose or it could be missing completely!

I think it's a Nissan problem across the board......I've had the problem in my D40 and also had the same damn thing happen in my 98 GU wagon as well. The GU I fixed with some clear plastic tubing from Mitre 10 in Weipa back in 2001 - the D40 was fixed by Nissan under warranty.

Last edited:
Hi guys

Just joined up because I'm trying to find this mystery leak in the passenger footwell. Does anyone have any photo's, I've looked but I can't seem to find where you're talking about. Can I find this part without pulling my whole cab to pieces?? My ute is out of Warranty by now too.

Cheers.

Not shure if this will help, I had the same problem and another forum sent me these images

John

aircondrainproblem2.png

aircondrainproblem1.png

Another thing to watch, the cars can be well old enough now for the drain to have blocked up. Then they just fill up the drain tray in the heater and drip out the sides etc. A quick ream of the tube with a cable tie is all that is normally needed to clear it. Just watch out for the liter or two of smelly water that will drain out when you clear it.

Latest posts

Back