2009 D22 water leak passenger side under dash

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael.Payne

Reaction score
Hi, I don't post often. With all this rain I have noticed a water leak from under the dash onto the floor pan below. Fortunately I have mud mats over the carpet and the water pools there. My question is, has anyone else had this issue, and where should I start looking. I have a crook neck so twisting upside down is not good for me.

We had a few instances of this some years ago, but it was the drain hose for the air conditioning cooler matrix that wasn't going through the firewall enough (Nissan saved a couple of shekels on the tube). Lengthen the hose, ensure it goes through, fixed.

Sounds like yours might be either coming from somewhere else - like a leaky windscreen - or it is still your air ducting, but water enters the cabin air intake up front pools inside the duct and not getting out of the cabin.

Either way it's not comfortable to check or work on. Look for a hose about 20mm thick coming from the air duct. It's supposed to go through a grommet in the firewall. Maybe yours is split?

I'll check this as well. It's not the windscreen sealant. After a good night of heavy with the vehicle nose up on my sloped driveway, water pools on the left side rubber mat. If I reverse in, nose down, no water ingress.

Back