Oil leaking

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, took my 2018 black edition in for its 100k service, as I’ve noticed a small oil leak coming from the back of the engine, underneath the left side where the turbo sits,
C60A32F3-EAE6-4BED-9ED6-643702DE2ACE.jpeg

At the service with Nissan, they did the service and replaced the turbo actuator under warranty, two weeks later it still leak from the same location, thinking it was just old oil from the last job I cleaned in up and monitored it, just this morning it’s still leaks, ( photo of new cleaned part)
9183AC38-F887-44A4-BC09-53B50D893CB7.jpeg

My question is what causing this, Nissan at the time didn’t really answer the question, only saying it’s a warranty job as that part was faulty, is this a known problem, the Ute runs very well, doesn’t miss a beat, very smooth, and pretty good off road.
Doing I bit of ‘googling” regarding this and can’t really find anything regarding this part and only ‘help/ idea was installing a catch can but not sure if it’s fix the problem or not..
Cheers for the help
Pete

I agree with amrSh
The "hot pipe" on the D23's are a known issue, it is definitely a design problem with these vehicles. The hot pipe is the silvery coloured metal pipe that runs up the driver's side of the motor, where it runs into the back of the motor, check for oil there. Wait for the motor to cool and wipe your finger around the base of the pipe.
Any oil? There are 2 issues

1 The hot pipe seal is starting to fail.
DO NOT BUY A GENUINE REPLACEMENT ITEM. I would sugest a CRG (www.crgfab.com.au) yes they are more expensive, but they definitely last.

2 Put an oil catch can into the vehicle. It will save alot of oil fouling and hence lots of money latter on.

Also, sounds like you are keeping an eye on things, beware of gearbox, transfer case and rear diff seals. They are also known to fail

Other than that I am happy with my 2016 NP300 (D23)

I agree with amrSh
The "hot pipe" on the D23's are a known issue, it is definitely a design problem with these vehicles. The hot pipe is the silvery coloured metal pipe that runs up the driver's side of the motor, where it runs into the back of the motor, check for oil there. Wait for the motor to cool and wipe your finger around the base of the pipe.

DO NOT BUY A GENUINE REPLACEMENT ITEM. I would sugest a CRG (www.crgfab.com.au) yes they are more expensive, but they definitely last.

2 Put an oil catch can into the vehicle. It will save alot of oil fouling and hence lots of money latter on.

Also, sounds like you are keeping an eye on things, beware of gearbox, transfer case and rear diff seals. They are also known to fail

Thanks for the info, got my nav back yesterday, all good so far, I’ve ordered a catch can hope to get it by the end of next week

I agree with amrSh

Hi Edward, thanks for your info, hope it’s ok reaching out to you, I ended up doing both replacing the hot pipe and catch can, catch can was pretty east to do, just stuck with installing the hot pipe, did you install crg pipe if so was it hard to get on? Front end was fine but just can’t seem to get the back end if fit? Any help there?
hope your enjoying your Christmas and new years
cheers Pete

Latest posts

Back