Adding 2-Stroke oil to Diesel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it can help restore its lube if its been reduced by contaminates.
the other problem is does anyone actually know what the fuel specs are??
i remember a few from USA and spec for lube in low sulphur diesel was actually lower than the old diesel. so even if the fuel is up to spec its still lower. however thats not here.
the other factor is, what fuel we get depends on whats rejected by other countries.
sometimes the base fuel thats imported is just crap.

but don't forget 2 stoke does seam to have effects outside of just lube. i don't know why but some vehicles show big improvements with 2 stroke while others don't.

but don't forget 2 stoke does seam to have effects outside of just lube. i don't know why but some vehicles show big improvements with 2 stroke while others don't.

Which brings us back here again

Attachments

• can-o-worms.jpg
    can-o-worms.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 48
Though, the thread is open,
so feel free, don't be shy.

With a bit of luck and commitment, everyone who's using it,
can over time keep a diary and put forward their entries and a pattern may emerge.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about good old fashoned REDEX additive, not sure if it is even still available, used to be fantastic on 2 stroke engines as a upper cylinder lubricant.:idea:

Have'nt seen Redex around for years,
was very fashionable,
may still be available though.
dont recollect that it was suitable for diesels but could be otherwise.

As for using it in 2cycle engines I never seen the need as 2cycle oils mixed correctly have done a superior job for a long time.

when some numb nuts from Stihl or another chainsaw manufacturer wanted to sell heaps more saws they decided to go from 25:1 to 50:1, great in theory for machines operating in minus 10c in german forests (whats left of them) not here in days over 40c, thats when upper cylinder lube plays a vital part or extra oil, also read somewhere recently where any additive to a common rail engine that may emulsify water is asking for tragedy big time due to phenomenal pressures etc. be afraid !:stop:

when some numb nuts from Stihl or another chainsaw manufacturer wanted to sell heaps more saws they decided to go from 25:1 to 50:1, great in theory for machines operating in minus 10c in german forests (whats left of them) not here in days over 40c, thats when upper cylinder lube plays a vital part or extra oil, also read somewhere recently where any additive to a common rail engine that may emulsify water is asking for tragedy big time due to phenomenal pressures etc. be afraid !:stop:

Just on the first part and I'll make it my last comment on the subject as its deviating from Jason's topic.
Keep in mind (and I'm just refering to Stihl saws) that their brand 2cycle oil and their 50:1 spec is designed specifically for Stihl AIR COOLED engines, and then if using other branded TC oils for air cooled engines to use a 25:1 mix.
And then they caution NOT to use BIA or TCW 2 cycle WATER COOLED type oils.

I've not ever had in about 30 years had a malfunction or reason to use/mix anything other than the manufacturer recommened oils and doses on either my 2cycle dirt bikes or in the last 15 years with my Stihl chainsaws, 026, 039 and 066 magnum, and I run them all hard.
Though since the introduction of the high RON unleaded fuels, i religiously only use them for mixing in my 2cycle engined tools and bike for the reason of they make so much noise that you cant hear them detonating untill its too late.
Gives me that extra insurance.
That my personal exp and not to say others cant/wont have engine failures.

As for your second part there is mention of that here somewhere, I think by Tweak'e.

As many of you may know, I have used two stroke oil in diesel fuel for a little while now.

As part of my research, I have stopped adding the oil approximately 1500km ago. At that point in time I commenced using CHEMTECH fuel additive.

Although hardly definitive research from a scientific perspective, from my own perspective I have noticed no appreciable increase in noise from the fuel system (particularly injector rattle, which is what I was listening for).

In another 10,000 or so km I'll swap back to straight diesel for a while and see how that goes.

Anyway, on with the show.

As many of you may know, I have used two stroke oil in diesel fuel for a little while now.

As part of my research, I have stopped adding the oil approximately 1500km ago. At that point in time I commenced using CHEMTECH fuel additive.

Although hardly definitive research from a scientific perspective, from my own perspective I have noticed no appreciable increase in noise from the fuel system (particularly injector rattle, which is what I was listening for).

In another 10,000 or so km I'll swap back to straight diesel for a while and see how that goes.

Anyway, on with the show.

:idea:
It would be good if the powers controlling the site make (if possilbe) a subsection or the like just for results like above in this thread to post and be seen as separate so as not to get lost in the main and also make a rule as not to return answers pro or con in that section.
anyways.....

Pro-Nav........

Attachments

• I'm from the internet.jpg
    I'm from the internet.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 101
Last edited by a moderator:
While every advantage we perceive may be wishful thinking, it still doesn't mean that we can't discuss the issue, or have the thread spammed, or have people continually bombard us with ridicule because trying something different is great to poke fun at.

I'm sure Wilbur and Orville copped a fair share too. It's humanity's greatest shame, that those who are willing to try something a little different to see if it improves - or doesn't - are treated like fools and berated.

This thread is about just such a discussion. Sadly, just such a reaction does not seem to be able to leave, and it's starting to look like a school playground.

The choice to not post is as easy as doing nothing. Constructive discussion is beneficial to us all. Mocking others for discussing issues that may (or may not) be fruitful is not.

The only way to go forward is to take those steps. Inhibiting others by derision just becomes an anchor.

If we could just have the discussion about the issue itself, instead of the mockery, it'd be a great step in the right direction.

It doesn't matter if we're right or wrong, in the long run. Having the discussion is what this thread is all about. If you really like, ask Dylan to make a thread for throwing tomatoes at others and go have fun.

Please correct me if I am wrong but viewing the original attachment to this thread they mention that semi-synthetic and syntheic 2-stroke oils can be used to mix with diesel. I thought semi-synthetic and synthetic oils didn't "burn" as well as mineral based oils? If this is correct couldn't this pose a problem down the track with the motor/ injectors getting gumed up by oil that isn't burnt off during the combustion process? Or is the combustion powerful enough to make the oil burn??

Cheers

i've seen mention all over the net not to use synthetic 2 stoke but no explanation given.
from what i've seen is synthetic burns cleaner than mineral as well as lubes better. if it burns well in a petrol it will burn well in a diesel.

most people won't use synthetic simply due to cost.

Latest posts

Back