a little help please

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats what i was thinking scotty, its going back on the dyno tomorrow morning after i put about 100km on it this way, hopefully it runs well in the morning.

Not sure if he swapped around the vacuum lines when he blocked the egr, will not swapping them do anythinh nasty?

So no chanhe on the dyno thismorning powerwise but without the gusty wind from yesterday it could be seen to smoke a little still with a rythmic puff of smoke about every 10 secs at WOT so its back in the shop again, still waiting for compression and leakdown tests and will mention the swirl mod to them tomorrow. Can anyone tell me why the vacuum lines need to be changed around after the ehr mod? The fuel guys tell me that it doesnt make a difference at all

Apologies, i have read up on the butterfly mod now and know the answer to my question, though now i'm wondering if i need a catch can if the egr block is done, i assume i don't but if i'm wrong somebody please correct me.

The catch can is completely separate and yet still related to the EGR mod.

Separate: the EGR mod won't increase the amount of blow-by significantly just like it doesn't increase the engine temperatures significantly. Yes there is a sight rise, but in the greater scheme of things it isn't large enough to be of any concern. The catch can is there to catch oil vapour in the blow-by before it is fed to the intake manifold, removing this oil from the combustion process.

Related: Both EGR and the PCV system introduce exhaust gases into the intake manifold. Both dampen combustion.

The catch can isn't a bad mod. I'm in the middle of fitting mine right at the moment, and will have that finished tomorrow, along with a fully sealed air box.

thanks for clearing that up Tony.

so time for a little update.
while most of the smoke has gone and we found an extra 5kw and 15kmh its still not right.
when i saw it on the dyno the other week at 110kmh it would drop revs and power and give a puff of smoke, at first i thought it was just the guy taking his foot off the throttle but it seems it wasn't him doing it. the odd part is that it was still making boost but just dropping revs and power. hmmm.........
more tests and dyno runs today..........

So its all fixed, it turns out that the chinese turbo i bought was overboosting (20lb)because of the actuator so we swapped to the oem actuator giving me 16lb boost, however at 16lb the boost sensor was giving a voltage reading over spec and the ecu was cutting fuel to the motor.
3 washers to shim the actuator and it now runs at 15.8lb with only 6kw down.

A loss i can live with given the up side is that for some strange reason if it over boosts it will cut the fuel thus saving me from the hand grenade situation.

Latest posts

Back