4wd Insurance who you with ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AAMI, agreed value of 51k for $680 a year. Called them before i went to fraser island and made sure i was covered for all offroad, and barge crossing while i was there i even called them 3 times and talked to 3 different people and they all said i was

Wow, $680 for 51k is pretty darn cheap, I'm guessing you have a brand new Nav without any mods?

I suspect earlier Navara's with their limited safety features are considered more liable by insurance companies...

I'm with RACV myself, I called around a lot of places but as I had my Home/Contents with them plus Silver membership I couldnt find much better (at the time) than $960 for agreed $23,000 with mods. They told me as long as I'm not driving in a rally/competition I'm covered for offroad use. I might look into AAMI now though and see what they can offer...

im with NRMA, and so far they have been great. 6yrs ago i had my bravo pinched and i received a cheque off them 9 days later.
in feb this year i sank my d22 which was of course a write off. i was paid a little after 2weeks of the accident, it only took that long because of the remote location, no assessors in the area for over a week after it happened.

my new D40 ST with all my extras, agreed value of $47k or full replacement for the first 2yrs, cost me $1150p/yr with windscreen replacement and car hire option.
they say it would be cheeper if i was to increase my excess, the higher the excess the lower the yearly policy will cost. but with my history i wont take my chances just yet, im not sure my bad luck will ever end........ lol

i just rang aami to get a quote and was told it would cost me $1660. sooo i will stick with NRMA i think. hahaha

Last edited:
just renewed with RACQ with all the mods just approved including body lift, suspension, dual batts, sliders, bars, stereo..... $585/a (also an Ultra Care member for towing and road side assist etc which gave a 3% discount on the premium, but also cost $170/a ). Been with them for 5yrs now not had to make a claim.

Called NRMA was going to be $900. Shanons was going to be close to the same.

Just got my insurance with AAMI at $48000 agreed value, with all my extra's. Cost $994.
Was with RACV who wanted $1298 for market value.

i just changed to DGA insurance brokers in Melbourne (through allianz). came from aami which was around the 2k mark per year im not sitting around the $800 mark, all acessories covered and both on and off road anywhere in Australia

I'm with nrma. And unless I'm illegally 4x4ing. I'm covered for everything. 22yrs old. $1159 a year

yeah i calle4d my insurer and im covered for everything unless in 4x4ing illegally too

Jayden87 said:
can't wait till march. turn 25 and insurance will be heaps cheaper lol

I'd check that.
Last I heard some companies are moving it back to 30.
Allianz won't touch anyone under 30

I'm with Shannon's insurance because of my project car and Harley, works out cheaper as a multi package. $1300 the lot and covers me for off roading as long as its legal.

Latest posts

Back