20k km service price difference

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mojo

Reaction score
I was about to book in my 20k service with my local sydney dealer. Quoted just under $500 for what is essentially a glorified oil change.
Not bad, 20 k for a car i got last june! I do get around.
I worked out I wil be just on 20k km when I visit Nowra in a few weeks. Just out of curiosity i thought I might ring the nissan dealer there, price - $300.
Why is there such a difference in price ? Anyway, i will book nowra.

Despite getting my mate to do my services I rang the local dealers here to get prices on some parts and asked about servicing costs as well and they do vary. There seems to be a Nissan price and a dealer price by the sound of it but my shock came when they told me which was the cheapest.

For the 10K the local dealer quoted $450 then decided that was Nissan's list price and they'd actually do it for $280 plus a wash and vac (whoopie). The dealer I brought it from told me it would be $350 initially then decided he better ask what model it was and I told him and he gave me a price of $300. Then someone must have got in his ear about the exact model and said something about the DPF to him. I confirmed the presence of the DPF and he then dropped the price to $275 no wash and vac.

In the end it cost me just over $100 in oil and a filter and a chat with the guy while he was doing it, he also washed the ute although it gets washed whenever it's there anyway so thats no biggie.

I don't know for sure about the 20K service but having or not having a DPF more than likely will change the cost, if nothing else they probably reckon the oil costs more. I was quite shocked when they quoted me less for a DPF fitted engine given that it's one of those items they could charge more for and the buyer just has to accept it, but the shock wasn't enough to convince me to use them.

G'Day Guys,
I've had my 10k and 20k servicing done through my Nissan Dealer here in Geelong VIC and have payed the same both times, $220- which I didnt think was that bad, yeah I could of done it myself or taken it elsewhere for a fraction cheaper......but just dont have the time at the moment. But from $220 to $500 between dealers for the same service is just plain crazy.

My 20k service was $143.

It is an oil change and a check over. In that price i got my tyres rotated too (they have to take them off anyway)

I won't pay nissan $300 let alone $500 to change my oil and check my fluids.

I haven't checked the D40 20K service that closely because it will be a while before it worries me but I thought the 20K was a bit more substantial because the 10 and 30 were pretty much just an oil change and safety check. I know there is a few air/pollen filters that should be done at 20K but some of those are really just a preference thing and not going to effect the car's running.

Rule of thumb is no doubt the more you pay for the vehicle in the fist place the more you pay them to service it.

I actually wrote down what my service guys are going to charge me.

10/30/50/70/90K service: $255
20/60K $355
40 $880
80 $985
100 $355

I have no idea of the differences except that every 20k they change the pollen filters. I could look up the rest in my manual, the details are in there, but that's for another time.

Damn if my mate retires before I get to 40K I'm coming up to see you Tony, my local dealer has $1450 on the service board for the 40K service.

Rule of thumb is no doubt the more you pay for the vehicle in the fist place the more you pay them to service it.

True that. My wife's audi is over $500 every service.

I just get my done by ultra tune. Around the $250-300 mark. Most I paid was for probably the 80K it was around the $8-900 mark from memory. I don't even bother with dealers anymore.

What a joke, the Nissan service guy tried to justify the $500 service by explaining how they would do a 50 point check that no one else can, the oil is a nissan oil, filter is nissan etc etc
I do like the toyota service model they had last year, not sure if is still going. The fixed price $150 service.

What a joke, the Nissan service guy tried to justify the $500 service by explaining how they would do a 50 point check that no one else can, the oil is a nissan oil, filter is nissan etc etc
I do like the toyota service model they had last year, not sure if is still going. The fixed price $150 service.

Not saying it's wrong because it's a damn side better than Nissan's policy of ripping everyone off but the one problem with the Toyota fixed price servicing is the terms and conditions. It's not just as simple as use Toyota for everything there are other terms and conditions that if broken mean the servicing costs go up just like Nissan's do.

Latest posts

Back