2012 D40 Bashplates Help

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a blowout mate i would never of thought it would change by 9mm, 2 maybe but definitely not that much, good to know but.

I lost about 6 or 7mm with the winch and that is only 30kg so I suppose it is not all that unexpected. The front plate is certainly the heaviest out of the three.

Last edited:
What suspension you have joe? Seems to be a massive loss, considering a lift kit is about 50mm, and that 50mm is extremly noticable. if your running soft or performance springs i could understand, HD springs would be a different story,

thats crazy.... guess the heavier the plates the stronger. Went to Scenic Rim 4x4 park on sat, nav went awesome with the lift, but plates are def needed.

Don't forget to mention the thick steel pole mounted inside the front plate.
That bad boy is NEVER going to bend

Bash plates are way over priced in my eyes.

I reckon it cost me $40 - $50 to knock up my sump guard out of 3mm plate, held on with 4 bolts, 2 front, 2 rear all going through holes already existing in the chassis, all bolt heads recessed.

The transfer case guard was a fair bit more involved. Lots of measuring and testing. Time wise it was expensive, but money wise, again, only about $40 - $50.

I haven't worried with a gearbox guard, the box is up out of harms way. Won't be fitting CV guards, I reckon you stand a higher chance of getting something stuck in there and ripping a CV boot if you fit them.

Maybe a tank guard??? But if you dent that, then you have your fuel tank sitting and rubbing on the dent, which I reckon is worse than leaving the tank as protected as it is when it comes out of the factory.

Nathan I took ur advice and went for arb bash plates. Fitted them up yesterday and I'm pretty happy with it. Only thing is did u have troubles with fitting? I had to space out front plate from bull bar coz it wouldn't line up, even tho I'm runnin arb deluxe bar. And also tranny plate rear bolts were a bitch to line up. Wondering if you had the same troubles?

I went with the Brown Davis bash plates for my 2012 ST (negotiated a discount for the 3 of them inc free fitting at their Bayswater head office). When discussing with the owner there, he did say that the plates fit both the 550's and ST's as they have dual mounting holes and oil drain locations developed on the plates.

I can also confirm that these match up with the ARB deluxe bar on the 2012 ST with no issues.

Attached is what the front plate looks like after a week bashing it around the Victorian High country recently... definitely a well worth investment!!

5677.jpg

So which brand plates have the intrusion bar on the inside?
I thought it was the ARB but from what I saw I the store they dont...was it the Brown Davis?

the brown davis have a massive steel bar (mines round some are square) welded inside the bashplates on thats front bend, Nothing will be getting through that plate.

The arb ones are too narrow for my liking...

the brown davis have a massive steel bar (mines round some are square) welded inside the bashplates on thats front bend, Nothing will be getting through that plate.

The arb ones are too narrow for my liking...

The ARB plates seem to work fine on both my D40's and i have taken them a few places, never even come close to any damage wider then the plates but maybe i dont go as hard as others. :dontknow:

I have 4x4 skinz bash plates off ebay from the bull bar to cross member behind the sumb. Haven't hit anything yet but the weight of it and been 4mm steel not worried. Was a pain in the ass to fit up to the tjm winch bar tho. 4 bots my ass. Had to build as custom bracket out if 75 -75 angle. That sucker ant going anywhere.

Back