2" body lift, before & after shots.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matty

Reaction score
hi guys, i finally got around to getting the pics sorted from when i done the body lift. so here they are.

Attachments

• small back before.jpg
    small back before.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 829
  • small back after.jpg
    small back after.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 857
  • small front before.jpg
    small front before.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 820
  • small front after.jpg
    small front after.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 919
Looks good Matty, what size MTZ's are they? They look bigger than 31's in the 'before' pictures!

cheers guys, jason they are 31"s. just in some pics they look bigger than in others.

Hi Fat

Firstly providing you don't exceed 50mm your insurance should be fine as a 50mm lift is still legal. In my case I told my insurance company so that if it was stolen or written off they knew about the lift so that if would be replaced.

If you do exceed 50mm you'd need an engineer to sign it off for you.

As for how much - that depends on what you get done and by whom etc. Mine is a constant load EFS lift kit and was $1700 fitted. It have got 35mm in the front (coz of the IFS) and 50mm in the rear.

fatman, if your just after the body lift search for zordo and send him pm. i got my kit from him for about $375 i think.

lookin good mate i should hav my body lift on within the next few weeks. gettin my 3 " suspension lift done today. cant wait :)

Hey mate the BL looks good! Im looking into doing a 2" BL too... Anything i need to lookout for when fitting it? I heard you have to raise the bull bar etc... Howd u go with this and anything else that becomes troublesome?

Cheers
Paul

does the 2" lift cause trouble with steering column needing extension?

Also, is the 50mm lift a total amount? i.e. I already have 2" suspension lift, will a 2" body lift automatically require engineering signoff?

The lift looks great Matty.

does the 2" lift cause trouble with steering column needing extension?

Na, just needs a slight adjustment (10min job)

Also, is the 50mm lift a total amount? i.e. I already have 2" suspension lift, will a 2" body lift automatically require engineering signoff?

yeah 2" body lifts only the body up 2", chassis stays at the same height.
so you end up with (2+2=) 4" lift

Yep, requires engineering (think all bodylifts do)

Just fitted my 2" suspension kit.

Before
will-albums-will-s-2003-navara-st-r-picture440-before-lift.jpg

Aftrer
will-albums-will-s-2003-navara-st-r-picture438-after-2-lift-2.jpg

i turned up the standard torsion bars to the top and backed them off by 2 full turns. I guess i have 8mm left in the front adjustment, but i wanted to see if the rear settles after a few kms. due to the sagging of the standard suspension i gained just over 3 inches in the rear.

I cant believe how much difference there is over the standard suspension whilst driving.

sorry, noob question, a 2" body lift with standard suspension would cause damage on the suspension and arms wouldnt it?
only just got 4x4 and still learning about this sort of stuff.

Latest posts

Back