04SilverSTR's D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All done, Now this took me all of last sunday, Bear in mind i had the kids as "helpers" that day and every night bar one in the shed to make this, was sort of a bigger job than i thought it would be.

The only part im not overly happy with is the color of the carpet, but i was free and i am on a tight budget so it will do for now.

Also a few months back i made good use of a dead space next to the fridge by laying a 20L drum on it side and adding a hose, work bloody great and costs bugger all.

Cheers Bryan
The tight ass builder

Last edited:
So if you go back to page 6 there is a video of my ute when i blew the front diff up, well i was back at the same place this weekend, this time with a lokka, i nearly had it until the nav decided to become a excavator and dig up a huge rock and spit it out and just grazing the doors, if the sapling wasnt there it would have gone south!

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI6SC0IUphk[/YT]

Last edited:
Don't beat yourself up, Bryan
Looks brilliant, wish I was that handy.
Wouldn't even know how to start A jigsaw!!

Let alone build something like that!!!
TOP JOB!!!

YEP!GOT A V6 'BUT I LIKE TO CUSTOMISE.

Thought it was about time to show some of my purchases,

1st one is a Runva XP11 11000lb winch with plasma rope, which i know works well, it seems pretty good quality, fitted i the bar well, had to get longer bolts to fit the hawse fair-lead as the one supplied weren't long enough. my biggest gripe with it was the control box, it just isn't bullbar mounting friendly really but what i cam up with seems to work well. Anyway here are some pics.

Pulled apart to rotate the gear box, runva have instructions on their site and it only took 5mins.
20130513_154435.jpg

20130513_154438.jpg

As you can see i rotated the handle to the top, once i got it in the bar i realized it needed to be at the bottom.
20130513_160258.jpg

to be continued
cheers
bryan

Just bought and fitted the same to mine, i didnt roate the clutch as i thought i would rather lift the bonnet to free wheel it then get down in the mud. I love the winches have used it quite a bit with no problems, bit louder then what i had expected. How do you intend on rigging the in cab switch?? using a while new switch or using the lead provided?? ill be watching to see what you come up with. keep up the good work, its becoming a nice rig i like it.

EDIT; just found your thread on what you did, how did your wire it to the control box??

Last edited:
Now i ran into some dramas on the left side, due to the size of the adjusters it fouled on the bump stop plate, this was with the car up on the jack so full down travel, a quick touch up with the grinder and it was all clear, but there still isnt alot of room.

20130824_145225.jpg

the right side before grinding, it did it but was bloody close!!
20130824_145614.jpg

20130824_145625.jpg

While i was going i chucked on the other set of maxitrack shocks i got with the lift kit i bought originally as i suspected the ones i put in just after i got the car 2 1/2 year ago were on the way out. I was right, they still had a little rebound in them but after being compressed by hand came out at least half the speed of the new ones, the ride is alot better now! so if your ute is starting to fee rough again even with after market shock they are probly shagged.

I know of an old mechaninc up here that just by driving my mates patrol could tell the EFS shock the were only 2years old had gone hard! He just uses cheap shocks and replaces them every 12-18months!

cheers bryan

Ill be doing the same very soon as i suspect this is the cause of me breaking both my adjusters.

Cheers Steve

Hey Bryan,

I bet that climb is far steeper than the tape suggests and lack of traction by the look good to see the runva in use i am about to get one myself and just for a joke this time the winch did the work not like last when you blew the diff mate,have a great week.
HJ

onemofo, I cut the wires going to the plug on the control box then joined them using a crimp terminal. then I plugged the lead in and ran it to the cab.

Thanks john, never really needed a winch until we started playing in that sort of stuff, it worked really well when doing double line pulls!!

bryan

Just bought and fitted the same to mine, i didnt roate the clutch as i thought i would rather lift the bonnet to free wheel it then get down in the mud. I love the winches have used it quite a bit with no problems, bit louder then what i had expected. How do you intend on rigging the in cab switch?? using a while new switch or using the lead provided?? ill be watching to see what you come up with. keep up the good work, its becoming a nice rig i like it.

EDIT; just found your thread on what you did, how did your wire it to the control box??

yeah they seem to work well, and if im in mud I just wont free spool it out!

so im thinking instead of forking out for new glass for one side, changing it to checker plate? any done or seen this?

bryan

Last edited:
Hmm, would look very different. But each to their own. And if the glass is being replaced on the left-hand side, it may inpeed on your vision in your blindspot, when looking for cars on the left-hand side.(that would be a thought to consider too.

Cheers Geoff

YEP!GOT A V6 'BUT I LIKE TO CUSTOMISE.

Last edited:
Any did some more the the canopy today, fitted checker plate in the side window frames, came up pretty good IMHO. also covered the holes in the roof with alloy from bunnings, which once its painted shoulde come up pretty good.

Cutting out the sides

All fitted

Cheers Bryan

Last edited:
Looks better then i expected, plus the added bonus that no can see whats inside. Should buy a big dog as a surprise.

Latest posts

Back