ZD30 D22 Oil Pressure Senor replacement

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammerhead

Reaction score
Appreciate any tips and tricks to help me replace the Oil Pressure Sensor switch on the ZD30.

It is a basket to get to, and at this point of time don't know what tool (socket?) to use to remove and replace.

What type of thread seal should I use when I get that far.

Hoping this is the source of my oil light now coming on intermittently.

Thanks and Cheers and beers.

:cheers!:

Hello H/Head, just had the same issue ! There is a special socket for that job - supercheap/autobarn/ repco etc ! A good high temp silicone sealant should do the job as they are a tapered thread ! The oil gallery is a dead end and only feeds the pressure switch so give it a quick turn over to flush out years of crap building up in that gallery- I think that s what causes the issue in the first place, when I did mine the crap that came out was black as night ! I put a "t" piece in and run the original switch and a gauge also .. oh also off with the drivers side wheel and then the rubber inner guard and you can access the switch from there with a long extension bar! Happy spanner work fella ..

Cheers for the info

VicZD30, thanks for the info, will get the socket once I have the new sender to match up to.

Cheers and beers

i'll take you up on that beer - better make it a stiff bourbon so I can defrost, danm it's cold in Vic..

Job done,
The advise how to get to it was invaluable.
Spent $80 on the part, and another $200 on sockets, extensions, flexible joints etc. and the job done.
Probably cheaper to get the local mechanic to do the job, but I have the satisfaction of doing the job + some new tools which is always a win.
As always the forum comes through helping keep the old girl on the road.
Thanks

Hello
I have the same issue, the light is on but very Dull. I wouldn't even know where to find the oil sensor. can someone point me in the right direction. might only need the connector cleaning.
cheers

It's on the drivers side at the rear, close to were the bell housing meets the engine block. Mine glows dimly if I go thru water/ pissing rain. Comes good when it dries out.

It's on the drivers side at the rear, close to were the bell housing meets the engine block. Mine glows dimly if I go thru water/ pissing rain. Comes good when it dries out.

Ok sweet, I will have a look at it.
had some goodo rain in Vic over the weekend, could have had something to do with it. again cheers for the heads up.
easier enough to change out?

all good, must have been damp or some shit in the connection. all is good again, cheers again for the help

Hi guys,
Hoping this is my issue as well.
Just did an oil change over the weekend.
I drained the engine but ran out of time in the arvy to fill her up again as we had family over for tea. So I just let her sit and drip what was left in a pan overnight.
I replaced the filter and filled her up last night. Started her up this morning and it took a bit for the oil warning lamp to go out. Went for a drive and the light started flickering very dull. But on the return trip home the light came on full brightness and now won't go out.
Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks for your time.
Smithy

Last edited:
Could just be an air bubble were the sensor is, if oil pressure is low you'd get a death rattle pretty quick. Never left it overnight for a change.

Thanks Rumpig,
Did you mean 'never' leave it overnight, or you've never left it overnight?
I probably should've just done it on the night, but I thought I'd better join the inlaws or I'd never hear the end of it.
She was pretty dry in the morning, near nothing left in the filter either.
Is there anything I can do to remove the possible air bubble?
Cheers again for the reply mate.
Smithy.

I just meant i'd never done it. Leaving it overnight shouldn't be a problem, I was just thinking that where the sensor is could be at the end of an oil passage and a pocket of air might form there but I doubt it would be a dead end. The only real way to know for sure is to take the sensor out and fit a pressure gauge.

Latest posts

Back