ZD30 AIRBOX doesnt seal properly???????

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BENNYSTRUCK

Reaction score
Guys and Girls

Ive noticed that my Airbox doesn't seal properly. I did lose the bottom clip out 4WDing once and replaced it with a new one. Maybe i haven't put it on properly or if my Unifilter is too big. I can feel the air coming out of the bottom when i idle. I don't want to go into any deep water crossings in case water finds a way in......

Any tips or suggestions. Anyone else experience the same thing.......

Cheers

Urquie

I had the same problem, i went to bunnings and got some of that sticky foam rubber, seals it nicely now

i dont know maybe pull it all off give it a good wipe around the plastic rims and make sure everything is pushed back in nicely. if that doesnt work well there is always duct tape! or that foam stuff lasoya is talking bout

oh also even if the unifilter is slightly over size it should seal properly. i have the kn filter and it seals up better then the genuine filters.

The rubber gasket had gone rock hard on mine and had actually fallen apart, went to clarkes rubber and squashed a new length of rubber into the gasket channel.

I squashed new rubber into mine. But now, with a top mount inter cooler making filter changes a pain, and the bloody great hole in the bottom of the pre-filter, I'm thinking of doing the 80 series mod.

So i went to Bunnings and got some 6mm foam. $6 for 5M.

Had to put 2 rounds of foam in there. Seals up nice and tight now......

Like a bought one

Thanks for all ur advice

Urquie

So i went to Bunnings and got some 6mm foam. $6 for 5M.

Had to put 2 rounds of foam in there. Seals up nice and tight now......

Like a bought one

Thanks for all ur advice

Urquie

Where abouts did you put the foam? and can you still remove the air filter or will you need to remove and replace the foam each time?

there is a rubber/foam seal on the airbox cover side. I used a flat blade screwdriver to get the old seal out. It was dry and cracked in places. The 6mm foam slides in the narrow gap. Still didnt seal properly so i put a second length on top. When i clipped it together it squashed them both.

I can take the cover off and the foam stays in there. Still airtight

Hey guys

Not really familiar with diesels. Is it normal to have positive pressure between the air filter and turbo?

I noticed my nav has an airleak coming from the middle of the airbox also.

I'm assuming pressure is coming from the crank case vent.

Latest posts

Back