ZD 30 Oil Catch Can Kit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hammerhead

Reaction score
Are in the process of Turbo replacement / Induction overhaul and wish to install a Oil catch can.

Can someone point me in the direction of a kit I could purchase in Oz that will save me running around the bush (live in the country) piecing together all the bits to make up one myself.

Cheers and beers :cheers!:

i was just looking at this catch can. it dusnt look like u need to put them pot scrubbers in in . am i right??

Like it, just ordered it on Ebay.

Thanks for the tip.

Cheers and beers :cheers!:

Glad to be able to help. Im running one of those, they're a good unit. You'd be able to get the hoses and clamps of ebay too to save running around.

the link above is to the catch can from my companies store on ebay

about the question of "pot scubbers" ....they are definitely not needed it has a very fine replaceable filter inside that captures pretty much every drop of oil .....the inlet track on my navara is bone dry a year after fitting this.

see picture below for assembled unit and the unit pulled apart to see the filter inside

Attachments

• IMG_0459s2wss.jpg
    IMG_0459s2wss.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:

about the question of "pot scubbers" ....they are definitely not needed it has a very fine replaceable filter inside that captures pretty much every drop of oil .....the inlet track on my navara is bone dry a year after fitting this.

see picture below for assembled unit and the unit pulled apart to see the filter inside

Do you also stock replacement filters?

Is it correct that this smaller unit (ProVent 100) is for engines up to 100Kw
and the large unit (ProVent 200) is for engines up to 250Kw.

I think the D22 ZD30 engine produces 110Kw and up to 132kw with Chips etc...

So would the smaller unit (ProVent 100) still do the job as well as the larger one.????
Anyone know.???

Is it correct that this smaller unit (ProVent 100) is for engines up to 100Kw
and the large unit (ProVent 200) is for engines up to 250Kw.

I think the D22 ZD30 engine produces 110Kw and up to 132kw with Chips etc...

So would the smaller unit (ProVent 100) still do the job as well as the larger one.????
Anyone know.???
any catch can would do the job, a smaller one needs to be drained sooner...

They do the job. But they arnt designed to hold oil. you need to fit a drain line either going back to the sump, or to another vessel. Im using a metre of clear 16mm hose with a tap on the end... it holds about 200ml.

They do the job. But they arnt designed to hold oil. you need to fit a drain line either going back to the sump, or to another vessel. Im using a metre of clear 16mm hose with a tap on the end... it holds about 200ml.

spot on!

the small model is good as it has 19mm hose fittings more suited to just about 99% of cars

but for me the perfect setup is listed above ...clear hose with a tap on the end....when clear hose fills up open the tap and drain the oil

on mine that happens quicker then you think....its amazing how much oil used to go through the turbo then through the motor....it scares me

I am almost finished a deal to get the clear hose and taps included with the can

Are after confirmation of the best way to install the Forefront catch can.

The catch can has larger diameter inlet/outlet connectors (19mm), than the originals on the crankcase cover and air intake.

Have previous installers used a reducer to adapt between the different diameters.

I was thinking of using the 19mm all the way through, but when I checked out a hose at an Auto shop, it was huge with a really thick wall thickness, and just looked like overkill.

Appreciate specific hose type and diameter to use, and a recommended Ebay supplier.

Cheers and beers.

i just bough one of your catch cans.

do you know if/how often the filters need to be changed?

We'll see what forefront industries says, but the filter looks pretty serviceable to me. Cant see why you couldn't clean it if needed.

Hey guys they are usually completely soaked in oil and flow air perfectly fine.... When they start to form a restriction from the filter being permantely blocked from coked oil then it would need to be replaced ... It could be washed with petrol or turps or diesel but id be worried about it possibly breaking down the material

I am about a week off finishing a new design in filter for then that is made from multi layer stainless mesh which will last for ever and can be washed

As for reducer question.... Same thing after heaps of people asking we are making billet reducers to help fit the cans

I am up for the billet reducers and the stainless filter.

To be honest I would like to add to the previously purchased catch can (but not yet fitted), with all the fittings to mount, hose etc.

Not slack, live in the bush working my arse off, and just don't have the time to chase up the bits.

I just used 16mm hose. It clamped down ok on the 15mm engine fittings and stretched over the 19mm catch can fittings with a bit of boiling water. Reducers would be sexier tho.

I am about a week off finishing a new design in filter for then that is made from multi layer stainless mesh which will last for ever and can be washed

As for reducer question.... Same thing after heaps of people asking we are making billet reducers to help fit the cans

G'day Mr. Forefront Industries,
any luck producing these items yet?????????
Am looking forward to buying newer units.

Back