D22 oil catch can

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denisanto

Reaction score
Hi guys,

After a month that I have Installed a oil catch can, it’s already full of oil.
Is that normal?
Could someone help me in this?
See the pictures attached
Thanks

Attachments

• 9393395E-49AE-4371-A44B-D9C94FA2ED0A.jpeg
    9393395E-49AE-4371-A44B-D9C94FA2ED0A.jpeg
    907.6 KB · Views: 44
it can be fairly normal. especially if the engine is overfilled with oil.
quite common to get people checking oil just after engine has been shut off and topping it up as it reads a little low, which over fills it. which then blows a heap of oil out the breather and fills your catch can up quick.

It's only a little can and agree easy to overfill, I just dropped some out of my sump as it was above full, with the upside down filter that empties in the yd25 at least, I presume you need to check when cold and that oil has flowed back into the sump, never had a vehicle with an upside down filter before but handy when changing.
Grandson no2 installed a catch can on his 3l d22 and he had to change it at least once a month but was doing lots of klm's and motor had done 300k but oil in sump was clean.

That’s all makes sense.
I did also my maintenance and probably I’ve had too much oil on it. Also I’m doing a lot of Km.
Better to install a big one when I can and keep on eye in the oil level.
Thanks Guys

Depending how many km's you have done and how big that catch can actually is, that's probably normal, they can stop a surprising amount. It would have all been hitting your turbo impeller as a mist and coating your inlet manifold without the catch can. It's from blow by, so IMO it's not going to make any difference if your sump is a bit overfull (at least I have found no difference).

ps.^ it's worth not overfilling it with oil for various other reasons though. It's best to check it first thing when it's cold to get an accurate measurement.

Latest posts

Back