Wrong accessories on delivery - what would you do?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
g'day mate,

Hope you are having some more luck, I dropped mine off and picked it up just hors later with a new tub and the right tonneau cover fitted yesterday. They gave me a loan car to get around in, did the 1000km service / check up and even gave the Navara a quick tub in the car wash, couldnt be happier!

Really... bloody hell that was fast. No such luck for me as yet, but they did say it might be early Jan and I was OK with that.

Out of Interest, was anything said about the VIN in the back of the tub? I had another look at mine and it doesn't actually appear to be to whole VIN, but is certainly the last numerical part. Might not really be a legal thing, but certainly would be a clear indicator that it has been swapped at some point.

There's a better than average chance I'll end up with a spray on liner sometime soon, so I suppose it won't matter much after that anyway.

I haven't looked for the VIN number in the tub, nor have I bothered to care about it. its an easily explainable thing to the 'future' owner anyways

All's well that ends well. Got the tub swapped over and new tonneau fitted. Full tank of diesel (and I made damn sure it was empty!) and detail for my troubles and a loan car to get around in. The new style tonneau is awesome and I'm really glad I stuck to my guns to get that one. As well as looking good, they're a lot easier to open and close in my opinion.

my bungee style one looks like shit after 6 years, all the elastic ropes have stretched as well cause it catches the wind when you drive along and flys around stretching them all, wonder how the new style will look after a few years.

my bungee style one looks like shit after 6 years, all the elastic ropes have stretched as well cause it catches the wind when you drive along and flys around stretching them all, wonder how the new style will look after a few years.

Hopefully should look decent. The d40s have had them since they came out and with the exception of the plastic breaking or something they look OK. In saying that the commodores have had them since the vu days I think and falcons had them from fg onwards and they all seem to be wearing OK. I'm just spewing that they brought out the new one last year otherwise I would have got one of them instead

Latest posts

Back