Won't go over 1500RPM

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello

Been having issues with car struggling to start - swapped out the glow plugs and it ran good for a day

Now suddenly struggling to start (almost sounds like it's not getting fuel? But I have no idea what I'm talking about)

Then when it runs it's in some kind of limp mode and won't go over 1500RPM. Car idles fine and revs up to 1500 fine but it's like it has a rev limiter..

Any advice appreciated

2004 zd30 d22

Attachments

• 1000007404.mp4
    19.8 MB
Hello

Been having issues with car struggling to start - swapped out the glow plugs and it ran good for a day

Now suddenly struggling to start (almost sounds like it's not getting fuel? But I have no idea what I'm talking about)

Then when it runs it's in some kind of limp mode and won't go over 1500RPM. Car idles fine and revs up to 1500 fine but it's like it has a rev limiter..

Any advice appreciated

2004 zd30 d22
Have a look at throttle body sound as if it is stuck half open. Clean with a good quality throttle body cleaner, Do not push on the butter fly valve. engine off key on have someone push down pedal while you clean. Scan with good scanner even if it cost 30 or so bucks this will tell if in limp mode. Also change fuel filter diesels love clean filters

Have a look at throttle body sound as if it is stuck half open. Clean with a good quality throttle body cleaner, Do not push on the butter fly valve. engine off key on have someone push down pedal while you clean. Scan with good scanner even if it cost 30 or so bucks this will tell if in limp mode. Also change fuel filter diesels love clean filters
it might pay to understand the engine he has before commenting.

only way for it to be a throttle butterfly problem is if someone puts the vac hoses on wrong. but even then it wouldn't explain why it ran fine for a day.

Latest posts

Back