Wish me luck

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fuck that!!!!! these magistrates are so full of shit!!! they dont really look at things consistently what so ever. it seems as though they judge on looks or how they feel that day or if they feel like a power trip to boost there ego!! do they actually look at the facts or WTF!! im sure they have there mind made up before they here a word from the accused.

what does your solicitor think about an appeal??

i had a bit if an incident on the freeway with a real nob. the magistrate said it was the worst case of road rage he has seen. after not looking at one fact or a shred of evidence about the case we put forward he had made up his mind before the thing even started. he ended up giving me 12 months weekend detention and 2 yrs without a licence!!! WTF!!!... on appeal the judge at the district court give me a fine and 6 months loss of licence. he actually said that he in no way believed that what had occurred deserved a JAIL sentence nor 2 yrs without a licence and stated that the other driver should be before the courts for his part in the incident. just a bit of a turn around from the temperamental local magistrate, the %$#*^! head.

hope things get better for you from here on in scotty.
keep us posted on your chances of an appeal.

good luck with things on the home front.
all the best. nath

That sucks about the licence matey, but as you can see were sure as hell glad to have you on the outside a free man. I'm sure you'll have plenty of volunteers offering to take your weapon of a nav for a drive to blow the cobwebs out!

Good luck with sorting things out with the missus, there's plenty of sholders around here if you need to learn, in the most manliest way possible of course.

Yeah not a good outcome, but at least you get to sleep in your own bed. Is there any chance to get a better outcome with an appeal? Don't you need a license for work? Even self employees that require it for work get allowances, don't they?

Shit mate, really sorry to hear that Scotty. Life can be such a bitch. We are all here for you mate. Just ask if there is anything we can do. Hope all goes well on the home front. Regards Foxy

Scotty,this is what i was afraid of....a judge with the rags on....
at least you are free....
and for women,they sure have a great sense of timing(not)...just when you need them most they piss off.
hope you can sort it out with her...
good luck

I agree with the Boss (Gus) Scott. Can we all put into a fund, and get you a super top notch barrister?
I'll put in???????

james

sounds like a good plan. i will throw some cash into the pot for sure

Mate, shattered. Seems like a massive dose of salt in the wound - you go through all this pain to get your dream weapon and they stop you from driving it. At least you're on the outside so you can sort things out at home. As all the Melbourne guys have said, ever need any help, get on the blower.

Scotty, what a crap outcome. The positives are that your still able to hang out with your mates and hopefully bring the family scene back to its former glory.

Three years disqualification is absurd, i don't know how they expect you to make a living and support yourself with no transport. What about those street racers that have killed people, there is just no consistency in the justice system.

It was a pleasure to meet you last Friday, if you need anything just ask.

All the best for the future on a fresh page.

Andrew

G,day mate,

Sorry to hear the bad news, keep your head held up high! It is only life, we are hear for a short time, not a long time! Make the most of your life. Grab yourself by the (shallgoolies). The only way to go from hear is up! Now let go of your shallgoolies!

I am thinking about starting a new business, selling lucky charms!

Regards,

RLI

:rock:

Its great to see the support for Scott here on the Forum - damm shame the court case outcome did not have a more positive result for Scott, but at least he is a free man and not behind bars or something.

I know from talking to him that he is shattered about the no license for 3 years, becuase it does prevent him from even taking his daughter to and from school. He cant even drive down to the shops for grocery's. And as also mentioned by someone else, he has spent a lot of time, effort and money on getting the V8 conversion happening - and now is not allowed to drive it !

Crappy outcome on one hand bud but on the flip side you're not sharing the peanut butter with bubba :big_smile: and more importantly you can be there for your daughter coz she needs & loves her dad.

Shame about the outcome mate, thats pretty harsh, considering what you told me on the phone last year its not exactley your typical driving offense, doesnt make sense , but i guess as many others have said, could have been worse, at least your not getting a gov paid holiday

at least your a free man and now if i ever make it to melbourne i can come say gday

Regards sean

Thanks guys I'm fighting back the tears as I'm writing this,I didn't think I had anymore in me its just a nightmare I cant wake up out of and it isn't over yet.Thankyou to those who have offered support as taxi drivers and I will look into an appeal of the licence side of things.I will get onto my uncle who is a QC in Darwin and ask some advice but my solicitor said it was a good outcome and dont appeal the sentance because if they find me guilty in the county court or what ever it is here I will do 7 years jail no ifs butsor whats

You know what, that is something I've never understood about appeals. You can actually end up in a worse position for daring to appeal what can be considered an over the top original sentence. I just don't get how that works.

I'm sure your uncle can fill you in mate..

And also, having no licence for 3 years, what sort of BS penalty is that? Having to pay this guys hospital costs and a fine etc would be better than losing the right to drive for 3 years. How some of these magistrates come to their decisions for different offenses is just mind numbing.

You can actually end up in a worse position for daring to appeal what can be considered an over the top original sentence

thats how it works in the AFL too doesn't it ?

Latest posts

Back